1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Page Messenger Not Working

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by betachja, Jun 26, 2022.

Hi All,
    I am hoping you can please help me. I have spent hours trying to figure this out!

I have a Facebook page that I have had since 2020. It is just linked to my personal Facebook account and I use it when I declutter to sell things. I did unpublished it for approx 12 months and have since republished it.
    Now I cannot receive messages from the Page. I can see the the page in my messenger and I can see the old messages, but no new messages or inboxes are coming through.
    I can't even see new messages from a desktop via Inbox. It just shows the old messages.

- I have changed the page name so I don't know if this is the problem? Although from what I have read it should sync.
    - I do notice on my iPhone that under Page Settings > General > Messenger, Allow People to contact my Page privately in messenger - when I tick 'on', the tick is not staying. It just disappears.

Things I have already done:
    - From Desktop Made sure that the Page Settings > General > Messages > 'Allow people to contact my Page privately by showing the Message button' is on (it is).
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled Messenger & Facebook on all devices
    - Cleared Cache of both Messenger & Facebook on all devices
    - Logged out of all instances of Messenger on every device

I have no idea what else to do.

Somehow this 'Meta Business Suite' has appeared on the page so I have removed my page from that too. In my attempts to fix the not getting messages I have obviously installed this..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou so much in Advance
    Louise

betachja, Jun 26, 2022 IP
  2. Erin T

Erin T Peon

Best Answers:
    It's possible that the problem isn't at your end — the entire social media network might be offline, or at least substantial parts of it. You can quickly find out the status of Facebook by searching for "Is Facebook down" in a web browser or checking Facebook's status at downdectector

Erin T, Jun 26, 2022 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    They've made some big changes in how messages are handled. The pages I manage are pretty quiet but I'm a backup admin for a busier page so I can see their messages - current and last years.

This screenshot is from ios messenger - it pops up a list of pages, click one and it's just like normal, but for your page. If that's not what you're seeing could you share some screenshots please.

[​IMG]

sarahk, Jun 26, 2022 IP
  4. Erin T

Erin T Peon

Best Answers:
    Log out from iOS messenger, try logging in with adroid device(version 8.0 upwards), if successful then check for iOS update for Facebook messenger/upgrade.

Erin T, Jun 26, 2022 IP