1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook or Twitter - Which is your preferred method for promoting business?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Brian123, Oct 28, 2013.

Before you say a business should have both, I am just wondering which platform you find your business gets more interaction from?

I have found Facebook to be a bit flat for a business/fan page, but Twitter (at the moment) seems to be great for interacting with potential customers.

Anyone else agree or are there still FB fans out there? (For business at least)

Brian123, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  2. TwitterWizard

TwitterWizard Peon

Best Answers:
    They certainly both have their place, but I find that Twitter allows you to build your following a lot easier, and offers a much higher level of interaction than Facebook.

Though Facebook does offer better insights into your the people that are using and interacting with your page

TwitterWizard, Oct 28, 2013 IP
    Brian123 likes this.
  3. DEBooks

DEBooks Guest

Best Answers:
    Twitter appears to be better - Face book has some features in it that screws up my photo software you might want to keep this in mind if any of you customers use a high graphics software which facebook might interfere with

DEBooks, Oct 29, 2013 IP
    Brian123 likes this.
  4. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    They are both good for social marketing, but for different reasons.
    Facebook gives you more space for being engaging. Plus, once Facebook search gets better, and once they get their ads to actually work, it will be a decent marketing platform.
    Twitter is great for building a following and keeping them updated on things. On Twitter, engagement is unobtrusive. The messages are short, so nobody wastes anybody's time.

Kianu42, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  5. rayalfy

rayalfy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use both but if i were to choose one i would go for facebook. 'Likes' can snowball your messages across and also their ppc program can be usefull for those who want an alternative to google's adwords.

rayalfy, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  6. James_wick

James_wick Peon

Best Answers:
    Both of the social networks are good as large traffic drawn on both sites but I use facebook by creating a fan page and by staying regular on my page for my business promotion.

James_wick, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  7. Rishit Shah

Rishit Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use both along with G+ and still its good for me.

Rishit Shah, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  8. valo manus

valo manus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Though both of the social sites are good for business promoting but I in this case I prefer facebook.

valo manus, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  9. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the type of business. For some businesses, both Facebook and Twitter bring in no business at all.

I have a few friends with local businesses, for one of them facebook works really well.

For the other both work well and he uses such social media to pull customers back into his restaurant. It works really well to remind customers that he still exists :)

For those selling online, some owners find that fans will like their posts on facebook but very little buy the products.

As a business you don't have much to lose setting up Twitter/Facebook. If you make one sale, you're still a winner.

gkd_uk, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  10. Montahar

Montahar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think FB has more power to reach vast amount of people.

Montahar, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  11. raglanville1

raglanville1 Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you would like to achieve. Facebook converts lookers to buyers if done correctly. Twitter keeps you in front of your customers eyes for brand awareness. So if you want sales go with Facebook and if you want people to remember you go with Twitter. Just my experience.

raglanville1, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  12. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Promoting your business through social media sites are very essential in our time now. We also agree on what you've said that Twitter have been very effective when it comes to interacting with potential clients. Thus, there are a lot of benefits when you can utilize Facebook and Twitter at the same time, because of the fact that you can engage more users on facebook to be attracted in promotional posts with the use of photos, videos and infographics.

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  13. vickyjohn

vickyjohn Member

Best Answers:
    facebook is the best method to promote business. in twitter ,the images and videos are shown as links, most of people wont see it or click it.

vickyjohn, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  14. Rakshith Daniel

Rakshith Daniel Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to me, Twitter is the best social network to promote you business.

Rakshith Daniel, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  15. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook and Twitter are a tool for interaction, however both have their own qualities. There are things which you can only do with Facebook but not Twitter. eg. Twitter have character limit whereas Facebook doesn't (atleast more than just 140 characters)

Besides this, Facebook have more active users than Twitter does.

faizzsheikh, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  16. Giov

Giov Peon

Best Answers:
    I think both :)
    But maybe twitter is more useful to catch up new customers, facebook to hold it.

Giov, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  17. seofreelancerkerala

seofreelancerkerala Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook and Twitter are both great ways of promoting business.
    They both help an individual to reach out to the public in order to gain a huge audience, which will prove profitable to his/her business.
    Both of them have separate methods which are useful in this trend.
    Facebook, which is mainly has posts, pages and mainly likes to promote a page ,whereas Twitter has 'followers' and 'following' aspects to its regard.
    The better you exploit the use of these two social networks, the better will be in promoting your product. This method of promoting, your product/business through Social Networks is called Social Media Marketing. In my humble opinion, you should use both of them(Facebook and Twitter) as a method for promoting your business.

For more help, please visit me.:)
    I am A SEO Freelancer Kerala.

seofreelancerkerala, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  18. Owl Writer

Owl Writer Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer twitter, there we can promote our business to others. With twitter we can offer our business from various countries easily.

Owl Writer, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  19. Jaypee77171

Jaypee77171 Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely facebook but you might consider Pinterest..

Jaypee77171, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  20. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see how a choice has to be made, when both serve the same purpose in different ways. They are a part of the same end purpose so a combination of them would be the only reasonable choice. And yes, you could add Google Plus, Pinterest and others amongst that list. It's just a matter of the tools you are using and how effectively you are using them.

Sure, Twitter does a much easier job building your brand awareness with its freedom to "follow" whoever you want without their permission, but it is still very "green" when it comes to ads and their benefits for ones business. And in the meantime Google is strongly pushing G+ in this mixture of social possibilities. No need to make a choice when you can have them all - its like asking little kids if they want 1 or 5 presents for Christmas ;)

Rado_ch, Nov 24, 2013 IP