1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Language Question

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by bmattrisch, Apr 20, 2016.

I am not sure if this is in the right spot but I am going to try anyways.

Im trying to develop a website that has a social media news feed with all the different social media Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc…. The website will also have a language option. You can either view the site in English or Spanish. We would like to use just one Facebook for the website. Is it possible that if someone picks to view the website in Spanish, and they click a Facebook post. Will the Facebook post that they click show up in Spanish even though it was written in English.

Is there a way that Facebook can dynamically dictate a language?

Thank you

bmattrisch, Apr 20, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Short answer: no. More complicated answer: possibly. Since it's possible to view the website in two languages, I assume all the content is written in both languages. If so, you'll need some way for the user to pick which language, and probably have something going on, either via URLs or in the background selecting which post to show - if it's in the background, you're out of luck, if it's in the url, the shared post will be in whatever selected language the sharer picks. However, there is no "auto-translate" option on Facebook as of yet, and if you do this behind the scenes, or have some auto-translate do the Spanish or English version (please don't do that), then you will have to live with the posts being in one language. However, you can provide a text in the preview, something like "this post can also be read in <other language".

PoPSiCLe, Apr 20, 2016 IP
  3. ShuperMhen

ShuperMhen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No I don't think that can happen and English is the universal language.

ShuperMhen, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  4. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, I think it is very good solution for your followers! As for me, you can use more than 2 languages! It can be more international languages on your site! Also, it will be very comfortable for all! As about FB, I don’t know exactly! I know that you can choose your needed language! Also, it can be set in your local place!

JudySlean, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  5. ShuperMhen

ShuperMhen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can switch your language on your fb account but what your thnking that's impossible.

ShuperMhen, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  6. David G. Welch

David G. Welch Member

Best Answers:
    Mmm, I believe the best thing you can do is to have two face accounts, one in spanish and the other one in english, if you are going to be targeting both english and spanish speakers, that will also help you to have a better reach for both.
    Dont use auto translators, people hate them.

David G. Welch, Jul 7, 2016 IP