1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook is verifying my identity by me uploading my govt ID?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by David Orlow, Jun 13, 2016.

Ok, I had Facebook for years. About a year ago, something happened at work and I got really paranoid about my online presence. I canceled my Facebook. I stayed off it for about a year. A few weeks ago, I decided to open a new Facebook account. I barely opened it and added a few pics. Then when logging into Facebook about a week ago, it prompted me to scan and upload a copy of my driver's license. I did so and it logged me out stating they will get back to me. That was about a week ago. No emails, no correspondences... don't have a clue when I'll ever be able to login again. Is this normal?

David Orlow, Jun 13, 2016 IP
  2. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know that sometimes they do this if they think someone has more than one Facebook account since you are supposed to have only one. Are you sure that your other one was closed out completely or did you just stop using it?

As for the time frame, I don't know if this is normal for it to take this long but I do know of it taking about 2 weeks for someone that I know on another forum. It was a few months back and I remember him saying either it took 2 weeks or almost two weeks for them to get back to him by email and releasing his account. I don't know if this is the norm or if it's just for some cases.

I would say that if something doesn't happen by the 2 week mark then it's definitely something to look deeper at and maybe contact FB and see if you can get any info from them.

Good Luck, I hope they take care of it soon for you. :)

ulterios, Jun 13, 2016 IP
  3. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you have not login again? you should read their message right after you login. I'm sure there is.

etc, Jun 13, 2016 IP
  4. David Orlow

David Orlow Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm 100% sure my old one closed. I closed it. then it gave me a 2 week change my mind time. I logged in a few times and it asked me if I changed my mind and I said no and logged back out. then logged in after the 2 weeks and it said I wasn't registered. so I just stayed off of Facebook for a year after that.

David Orlow, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  5. David Orlow

David Orlow Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried to login since the verification. it prompts to verify me but if I follow the links it says it's in process and there's nothing else for me to do.

David Orlow, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  6. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if it's been a week or so then hopefully by the two week mark something will have been done on their end. I know it's taken that long before, I just don't know if that's the normal for it.

Hopefully it will get resolved for you soon so you won't have to deal with it.

Good luck and I hope it gets resolved soon for you. :)

ulterios, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  7. David Orlow

David Orlow Peon

Best Answers:
    so about a week ago I got in and it's now locked again stating they have noticed suspicious activity and have suspended my account until they review. I was off of Facebook for a year. before I removed it for a year, I was addicted to it posting like crazy. after a year off of it, I check it every few days. I'm posting almost nothing myself. I probably have one of the most boring Facebook accounts. why is this happening? really annoying and frustrating.

David Orlow, Jun 25, 2016 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You'd best hope that it was Facebook and not an ultra sophisticated hacker trying to get info from you.(not trying to make you paranoid)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    Spoiltdiva, Jun 25, 2016 IP
  9. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow that's messed up! I can't believe FB is asking people to upload ID. They're already stealing your info now they've got your ID toO!?

jv1999, Jun 25, 2016 IP
  10. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now I also want to verify you! Do you have one FB account or too many FB accounts?

Furquan Ahmed, Jun 25, 2016 IP
  11. David Orlow

David Orlow Peon

Best Answers:
    I have one and only one account. very boring user. not sure why they have an eagle eye on me and I'm locked out again.

David Orlow, Jun 25, 2016 IP
  12. David Orlow

David Orlow Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know how to contact someone at Facebook to ask why it seems, in my eyes, I have a permanent life ban to Facebook?

David Orlow, Jul 2, 2016 IP
  13. Mina25

Mina25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you used your home IP? Or a proxy?
    Some people use sometimes proxy for different things and they forget that they are on proxy and they access their facebook, so in this case for fb is a flag, now you are here and in 2 minutes you are at 10k miles away.
    When you uploaded your ID you received an email from fb... also when your account was unlocked you received an email... try to reply to one of those emails to explane whole story "i had an account, i closed it 1 year ago, now i want to have again a fb account etc"

Mina25, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  14. David Orlow

David Orlow Peon

Best Answers:
    I do know what a proxy server is and no I do not use one. used to have satellite service 15 years ago and used a proxy to speed up service. but now have cable and I am not paranoid so I have no need for a proxy server.

David Orlow, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  15. David Orlow

David Orlow Peon

Best Answers:
    we do have a basic home router that is NATted with a dynamic IP assigned by the cable company. I guess they might find that suspicious.... if not 99.999% of the world basically had the same setup.

David Orlow, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  16. David G. Welch

David G. Welch Member

Best Answers:
    Its a security measure as others pointed out, you have no other option but to wait :(

David G. Welch, Jul 5, 2016 IP
  17. Mohit Damani

Mohit Damani Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes this is Normal. You Must have to Get Verified on Facebook... For more information Click on the Link

Mohit Damani, Feb 2, 2017 IP