1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Hijacked and primary email deleted years ago. Help!

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by OscarH, Mar 29, 2016.

I created a Facebook account under an email that was later deleted. My account has since been hijacked and there is no way for me to reset the password (as the only recovery email was deleted). The hijacker is now releasing private information about me from private messages to various people.

The hijacker posted on my facebook wall (posing as me).

I have proof of ID providing my name and picture, I also have various friends that can confirm that the account is mine.
    Although, when the account was first created I mistakenly used an incorrect D.O.B, which I never realized I could reset.

I would either like the account permanently deleted, or the account's recovery email changed to my current email

OscarH, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Wouldn't you want to contact Facebook if your Facebook account was compromised?

digitalpoint, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Why did you never update the email? That seems a bit sloppy. Can you get the email recreated? Although it probably has been changed by now.
    That suggests that the hijacker and you know each other. Are you sure they "hijacked" your account as opposed to "accessing it without your consent"?
    That sounds ridiculous - how do you enter your dob wrong? It's a bit like misspelling your own name, getting it right is automatic - unless you are 12 and having to lie to get past the age restraint.

sarahk, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  4. chellosp

chellosp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, this whole story is really strange.

chellosp, Apr 2, 2016 IP
  5. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I liked the way you replied in a detailed way with all specifics, but Sarah, I guess this person, just came to see how it goes on this forum and then disappeared, just like he did on facebook :D

Since posting the query, never came back or answered your questions, I feel its kind of unrespectful too on our behalf, since we are giving and sharing our experiences with the newbies, which some really dont care. If he is so much irresponsible for his own facbook account, what would we expect from him here :(

China_girl, Apr 17, 2016 IP
  6. ShuperMhen

ShuperMhen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you can still ask for help by clicking forget password and find something similar to add phone number so that the system will send you a recovery password.

ShuperMhen, Apr 22, 2016 IP