1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Groups and Forums

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by steveinid, Sep 23, 2016.

A member of my forum started a Facebook Group with the same name as my forum. It was bound to happen and I should have done it myself so I would at least have ownership of it. The person who started it didn't do it for malicious reasons but he could see it needed to be done and I (honestly) was resisting because I knew it would kill my forum.

Well.... my forum is mortally wounded. The facebook group is growing fast and my forum is dying a slow and silent (postless) death. I don't know what to do to turn it around. I could go back to the old standby for when you start a forum and post, post, post but I don't think that is the solution.

I'd like to find an app that allows my vBulletin forum to work with a facebook group where posts from the forum automatically post to the group and group posts go straight to the forum. Is this possible?

Another possibility is to switch formats of my forum from vBulletin to something like PHPFox which is a facebook clone. Maybe that would help since the facebook format is really easier than the forum format. The only thing I don't like about that is the threads created in a forum are full of information where facebook posts are flippant and don't have any substance. They are usually just a short paragraph followed by quick one or two sentence comments.

Anyway... any input would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve

steveinid, Sep 23, 2016 IP