1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook - don't want my personal FB associated with business FB pages

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by jacobean, Jul 5, 2014.

I joined Facebook 12 months ago to setup a page for my business (lets call it Atlantic Fish)

Anyway, I have a second business (lets call it Pacific Fish) and last month I went to set a page up for that. But, this time I had to setup a personal Facebook page first which I did (lets call it John Smith).

Now, anytime I login into Facebook - Atlantic Fish never comes up but John Smith does.

It allows me to post from a message for Pacific Fish as Pacific Fish but If i try to post a message for Atlantic Fish it comes up as a message from John Smith .... argh.

I hope somebody out there can understand my problem...

Any suggestions would be great...

jacobean, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    at the top of the page, you should have the option to share as yourself

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    sarahk, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  3. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Sarah.

But I do not want to post as John Smith...but under my brand name which I use "Atlantic Fish"

jacobean, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    well, duh! Go to your page and check the message on the top - it will say "posting as John Smith - change to Atlantic Fish"

sarahk, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  5. fare

fare Active Member

Best Answers:
    Base on my understanding of what you said, "Atlantic Fish" Page is not associated to your Facebook Account "John Smith" which is why you are unable to post under "Atlantic Fish" on that Facebook account.

Simply add "John Smith" as an Admin of "Atlantic Fish" page (of course you have to first login to the account which manages it), after which you would be able to "Use Facebook as - Atlantic Fish" from the drop down menu.

fare, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  6. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies.

>>>well, duh! Go to your page and check the message on the top - it will say "posting as John Smith - change to Atlantic Fish"
    Its not giving me this option. All it gives me is "posting as John Smith - change to Pacific Fish"

I don't want to post as Pacific Fish - that page is updated enough.

If I try to make a post to the Facebook page - Atlantic Fish - every post to this comes up as "John Smith".

>>Simply add "John Smith" as an Admin of "Atlantic Fish" page (of course you have to first login to the account which manages it), after which you would be able >> to"Use Facebook as - Atlantic Fish" from the drop down menu.

I tried, but there is no Admin section anymore on my FB...

This problem is driving me nuts....somebody please help...

jacobean, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  7. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
    can anybody help or have suggestions to crack this problem?

jacobean, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  8. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You probably have one login/password for Atlantic Fish and one login/password for John Smith. If you want one login for both businesses, make Atlantic Fish an admin for Pacific Fish.

Jake Rigdon, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  9. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Jake.

Every since I setup the John Smith account I can no longer login as Atlantic Fish anymore.

Previously, If i put in my cell phone number + password (the same pw which I've always used) the Atlantic Fish page would come up immediately
    and I could post messages as "Atlantic Fish"

Now, for example, If I go to facebook.com and log in with my cell phone number + password.
    John Smith comes up and NOT Atlantic Fish anymore. If i try to post a message or update, it comes from John Smith.
    I don't want to post as John Smith...

Whats even more annoying about this problem is that the "admin" settings are nowhere to be found....

I am just hoping someone out there can help...

jacobean, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  10. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A few questions that might be relevant: Are you logging in with a mobile device or computer? What browser are you using? Why are you using a cell phone number to log in instead of an email address?

Jake Rigdon, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  11. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jake, I'm logging in on a Windows 7 PC running Firefox.

I login with a cellphone number because its quicker to type in than an email address.

jacobean, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  12. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check your page roles – at the top of your brand page, in settings. John Smith should be an admin of both pages. If he is one, there should be an option to switch between accounts in the menu on the top of FB page.

Sam42, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  13. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I go to:
    Create a Page
    then Pages I Admin

"Pacific Fish" comes up

and
    "John Smith"

But no mention of Atlantic Fish - and this is my main Facebook Page.

I cannot understand this. How did the creation of the John Smith page cause this?

jacobean, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  14. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You probably have two separate FB accounts - one for John Smith (and Pacific Fish) and one for Atlantic Fish. John Smith is probably linked to your phone number. Try logging in using the email address you used to sign up for Atlantic Fish.

Jake Rigdon, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  15. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jake

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

This solved my problem. I dug out the email address which was used when the account was first setup and this - as if by magic - let me. I can now post messages again as Atlantic Fish and my admin panel has reappeared.

For those reading this thread with a similar problem - the lesson is this:

Logging into FB with your phone number is not the same as logging in with your email address.

I was logging into my account all year with my phone number - no problems - full admin access - its only when I when to set up a new account - the new account got tied to my phone number and blocked access to my first account. It is very annoying when you get locked out of your own Facebook page using the credentials you have always used....

Thanks again Jake.

jacobean, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  16. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No problem. The phone number thing jumped out at me cause I never heard of someone doing that. Although I don't have many conversations about how to log into Facebook... Glad I could help!

Jake Rigdon, Jul 11, 2014 IP