1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Disabled

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Robert Mackenzie, Jan 7, 2019.

I've had my Facebook page disabled. I was creating a business page and the next time I logged in, it said it had been disabled and I needed to send them a photo, which I did, but I had no acknowledgement and have since heard nothing for four days. I tried the Help Centre which had an 'Appeals Form' which the system said I'd successfully completed and that I would shortly receive an email from them, but nothing arrived.
    The business page was as commonplace and uncontentious as it's possible to imagine!! There doesn't seem to be any way of contacting Facebook support to ask what's happened. Is there a way of contacting them 'personally' or is it all just algorithms? Will it just (eventually) be re-instated? Help!!!
    Kind regards
    Rob

Robert Mackenzie, Jan 7, 2019 IP
  2. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like your Facebook account has been disabled and not "page". This happens when Facebook consider any of your activity as suspicious.
    Now, what looks like "suspicious" to them is still unknown. But it can be any of the following reasons:
    • If you created a new account and immediately started added many friends.
    • You created a Facebook business page as soon as you created your account.
    • If someone has reported your account as spam.
    • You did too many activities in a day like- liked too many pages, accepted too many friend request, shared too many posts on groups. invited too any friends to like your page etc.
    To get back your account you may try one of these solutions: https://www.facebook.com/help/117450615006715
    Hope that helps.

MilesWeb, Jan 10, 2019 IP
  3. Robert Mackenzie

Robert Mackenzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Miles
    Thanks very much for this.
    I've tried the solution you suggested, and have sent them my photo ID several times. The system says it has received my information and will send me a confirming email, but it doesn't. Total silence their end. Assuming Facebook has got my Photo ID, when would I expect them to contact me or better still, unblock the account? It's been nearly a week now.

Very best

Rob

Robert Mackenzie, Jan 10, 2019 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just a thought but did you open your account in your name or your business name?

FB will shut down an account that isn't created in a real name - once it actually finds out about it.

JoeSpirit, Jan 11, 2019 IP
  5. Robert Mackenzie

Robert Mackenzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Joe

Thank you!

I wonder if that's what I did? It's impossible to tell now as the account is disabled and so is my personal account. Any idea if they will eventually communicate with me and tell me what I have to do to get my accounts back?? It seems extraordinary that there is absolutely no way of having a dialogue with them.

Best

Rob

Robert Mackenzie, Jan 11, 2019 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say give a try at the solutions URL that MilesWeb gave you. They will either respond or they won't.

Keep in mind that the Facebook site belongs to Facebook and nobody is obligated to respond if they choose not to. I've found that to be the case sometimes with the very large sites. It may simply be the case of them being too busy to bother.

I do know one ex football player who had an account in his nickname. FB shut him down and he lost everything related to the account. It was his business account. He ended up having to create an account in his real name and rebuilding it from scratch.

Good luck.

JoeSpirit, Jan 12, 2019 IP