1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook confirmation code

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by BMA1974, Nov 10, 2019.

I’m blocked from both Facebook and messenger for the last 5 days for some kind of identity reason. The asked me to verify my phone number and that they’d text a confirmation code, which it says has been sent. I’ve yet to receive it or find any way that works to get in contact with Facebook to talk to someone to help resolve this. Most of the help links I’ve found require access to Facebook to use, which I don’t have.
    Any advice on how to fix this or a way to contact Facebook.
    Thanks

BMA1974, Nov 10, 2019 IP
  2. KatieMc

KatieMc Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. How did you resolve this? The same has happened to me. ☹️

KatieMc, Dec 19, 2019 IP
  3. BMA1974

BMA1974 Peon

Best Answers:
    There was no way I could find to contact Facebook to talk to someone to resolve this. I ended up starting a new account. Pretty stupid setup if you ask me. It should be done by a real person with a contact to at least be explained why.

BMA1974, Dec 19, 2019 IP
  4. BMA1974

BMA1974 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck with it. If you do find a way to fix this, post here how you did it. Thanks.

BMA1974, Dec 19, 2019 IP
  5. Andrii Ozemko

Andrii Ozemko Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting topic )) Yes, Facebook can block account without any warning and explanation. It is hard to get account back, sometimes it is impossible. I have the same problem, I spent a lot of time to investigate this topic. So, some points from my side:
    • Do not register new Facebook account. In most cases it will be blocked (because of violation).
    • Read Facebook rules and try to understand the reason.
    • Find Facebook form to request account unblocking and use it. Usually you should fill and send this form many times. But there is no guaranty that you account will be unblocked. Also, there is no guaranty someone reads your request.
    • Some of your friends can ask Facebook to unblock you and explain that your account was blocked by mistake. But in this case Facebook sometimes can block such friends ))
    • Nobody should log in to their account on your PC. Facebook can identify that and block.
    So, the only way is to write requests again and again. Yes, it can take time. It irritates a lot, if someone know better solution, please write!

Andrii Ozemko, Dec 20, 2019 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not 100% sure about this, but try opening facebook on a different platform.
    If you were using their mobile app, use mobile or laptop browser instead, try a different browser, IE, firefox, chrome etc.
    If you are using laptop browser, try mobile app instead.

Reason I am saying this is because they got different login security methods setup for different platforms.
    On a different platform, it might simply ask you to verify by clicking a link sent to email, instead of phone code.

My account also got locked last year, I use their app, which sent email verification link, not phone code.

However, if they find something truly suspicious in your account, like pretending to be someone else (a celeb may be), then forget that account...

JEET, Dec 20, 2019 IP
  7. Sergpop

Sergpop Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same situation. My account was blocked for an unknown reason. All that was required, I did and waited. In general, I created a new account, and later a notification came that the old account was unlocked. If this happened to you, it means that they considered any actions suspicious. And as a rule, Facebook does not explain its decision. This is like a denial of a visa, they also do not explain their decision (((

Sergpop, Jan 9, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.