1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

facebook and databases

Discussion in 'Databases' started by coleio, Apr 5, 2018.

hi, so new to the forum and new to back end and sql development. currently studying the ciw foundations course. i have a particular project i intend to start work on and at the moment I'm just researching. the site i have in mind is similar to facebook (only on a much smaller scale) so my question is, how is facebooks databases structured.

what happens when a user signs up for the first time, is a MySQL database created specifically for that person with several tables for user info, account settings, statuses and photos?

i am mostly curious about how the facebook status feed works. i imagine that when someone posts a status, the status is sent to a cgi script that takes the posting users status and logs it using sql to a table on each friends personal database. in my limited experience it makes sense, right? but i imagine data replication could be a problem. is there a better more efficient way to make this work?

thankyou in advance
    SEMrush

coleio, Apr 5, 2018 IP
    SEMrush