1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Advertising?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by lifebot, Apr 20, 2008.

1. kg_lew

kg_lew Peon

Best Answers:
    this is kind of old no?

It isn't like adsense at all, its more like adwords... because facebook doesn't give publishers the chance the make money off ads

kg_lew, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  2. DeeJayEl

DeeJayEl Peon

Best Answers:
    A friend of mine had about 80 clicks in 90K impressions. We'll see if it gets any better.

Anybody else actually used the program? I'm surprised to hear these initial results considering Facebook is the darling of the web as of late.

DeeJayEl, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  3. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I started an ad campaign using Facebook on December 20th and I ended it about two weeks ago.

I think the results were good, but my campaign was probably a lot different from yours.

I was helping a Norwegian college get sign ups to a contest (they wanted to know what was going through peoples minds when they were applying to colleges and universities).

Facebook was fairly perfect for this. I targetted only Norwegians, and I got about 4000 sign ups during this period. I could probably have gotten way more, but I didn't want to spend any more money on it.

I think Facebook works great for ad campaigns, but it all depends on what you are advertising. I would never use it to advertise "make money" opportunities or marketing opportunities.

Jens

slymarketing, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  4. wanderingrobots

wanderingrobots Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried a ton of diffrent campaigns on there and Have had all but one declined. As annoying to work with as msn adcenter. I would not recommend dealing with facebook ads anymore (except if as the previous poster says you have some sort of perfect for facebook campaign)

wanderingrobots, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  5. AffiliateBot

AffiliateBot Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe they should partner with google and serve adsense. With their traffic they can have premium publisher status and customize their design.

AffiliateBot, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  6. Stas

Stas Peon

Best Answers:
    I just want to add one more little wrinkle to this discussion. If you are looking for facebook users, it's not just facebook that has an ad service to help you.

You see, when facebook opened up their API quite some months ago, thousands of application developers started making apps - over 20,000 right now. Those developers wanted to monetize their creations and this spawned facebook ad networks.

I happen to run a facebook ad network called Zohark.

Lots of my advertisers are affiliate marketers, some are large brands, some are facebook application developers looking to grow their apps - it's just like a mini-web.

If anyone has any specific questions about facebook advertising, I'm certainly happy to help.

Ask away in this thread, via PM or by phone 800-975-1537, e-703.

Cheers,
    Stas

Stas, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  7. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    geoiss2004, Apr 23, 2008 IP