1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Advertising

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by primeelite, Mar 29, 2008.

I was wanting to see what other people have thought on facebook advertising. I advertised one of my websites via facebook through the per impressions advertising and had a terrible .56 cents per click. What kind of results have you had?

primeelite, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  2. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not done it but I've heard quite a bit of negative feedback from many people who have done it, it does not convert.

kingofsanda, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  3. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I did a few campaigns and had no conversions on any but 1 and it was on ringtones which is not worth paying the 45 cents per click I was paying.

primeelite, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  4. dopiitv

dopiitv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not worht anything- do not try it

dopiitv, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  5. masfenix

masfenix Peon

Best Answers:
    Yae i did a 1 week test, my bid was 60 cents a click. My ad was shown a high number of times. I got ZERO clicks.

As a FB user though, the ad placement is very bad, the user knows its an ad, and usually FB is very addicting so a person would not LEAVE the site even if you were offering a million dollars. (well maybe in that case)lol

masfenix, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  6. zeetogroup

zeetogroup Peon

Best Answers:
    Advertising through Facebook's SocialAds didn't work out so well for me but I am having luck with Facebook Ad Networks such as socialmedia.com, Zohark Ads and AdChap.

These ad companies give application developers banner ads and such to monetize their sites inside of facebook. I have had some decent conversion on AdChap. SocialMedia is the one to go with if you want a lot of impressions though. The rates are very affordable too at about 0.10 to 0.15 a click.

zeetogroup, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  7. Stas

Stas Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad you like working with Zohark!

For anyone that wants any more info or help with running your ads inside facebook apps, I am happy to answer any questions or help.

Cheers,
    Stas

Stas, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  8. Kngavl

Kngavl Peon

Best Answers:
    I have also heard a lot of negative comments about it. Think about it, do you go to FB just so you can click ads? C'mon. However, have you seen those snorgteeshirts ads? I think everyone has and thats one way to get a brand out, maybe nobody clicks but never the less the company is exposed to the public.

Kngavl, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  9. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    I just think facebook isn't a good place to market like myspace is with promoting your product through a page because people get on facebook to connect directly with people they know and most of the profiles are private. I am not going to put the facebook advertising into any of my marketing plans for my websites anytime soon.

primeelite, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  10. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    No conversion

Lastbutnotleast, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  11. tayx

tayx Peon

Best Answers:
    as per click seems useless

tayx, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  12. meaghannf

meaghannf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it depends on targeting your ads (which I think is the real added value of facebook ads). I was targeting women in college between the ages of 18 and 22 for my site DormWise and had a bid of $.50 per click on a campaign of $5 a day (cheap, I know, but I'd never used the ads before). My average CPC was about $.35, my CTR was about .04 and I had over 50k impressions. Not too bad for what I was paying and I saw that visitors stayed on my site longer than with google ads. Take that for what you will.

meaghannf, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  13. edbri871

edbri871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I havn't heard much positives about facebook advertising. Stick with Adsense and you will get at least twice the conversions in my experience.

edbri871, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  14. Wardy

Wardy Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard mixed responces about FB advertising. More towards edging on the side of caution and not amazing results for it. No harm in giving it a go on your niche though to see.

Cheers
    Wardy

Wardy, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  15. trustful88

trustful88 Peon

Best Answers:
    facebook advertising is expensive and poor. I spent about $1500+ there and the ROI was not worth it. Retention rate wasn't that good either. I used to get their CPC for $0.10/click when they first started, but now it is over $0.60+.

I would go towards Yahoo/google to get more targeted demographics.

trustful88, Mar 31, 2008 IP