1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Advertising: Lots Of Traffic (10% CTR) But No Add To Carts Or Sales

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by KC Kalimbas, Aug 13, 2020.

Hey all.

I recently created a few campaigns for my Kalimba (musical instrument) store and I am getting a lot of traffic to my website and likes and shares on my ads. However, no one is even adding the products I'm advertising to their carts. I have tried optimising my ads for landing page views, adds to cart and purchases but I cannot seem to find out what is wrong. My advertising campaigns seem to be fine in terms of CTR (~10% CTR which seems really high), but perhaps the traffic quality is an issue? The problem isn't just FB ads, either. I simply cannot seem to convert into purchases (store has been up since start of August, 1,069 sessions, 35 adds to cart, 11 checkouts and only 1 purchase).

Another possibility could be my actual website. Would anyone be able to check my website and see if there is anything that is wrong?

Thank you!

KC Kalimbas, Aug 13, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What are your ads saying?
    Judging from your website, its strongly focused on selling those instruments.
    But judging from your youtube channel, its strongly focused on teaching music playing.
    These are 2 different things.
    The video showing on your website's homepage is also focused on teaching, not the quality of the instrument itself.

Try changing the ads focus to, why should people buy that instrument.
    Explain, What is good about a certain instrument, etc.
    Then they can either order it online from you, or buy from a local shop.
    In any case, I believe that your sales should increase with these kind of ads.

On fb etc, people will engage with your ad if you give them something entertaining, might even visit your website.
    But people looking for entertainment, they do not generally buy a musical instrument...
    I think this is what is happening in your case.
    Change the focus of your ads.
    That way only people actually interested in buying an instrument will click and go to your website.

JEET, Aug 14, 2020 IP
  3. KC Kalimbas

KC Kalimbas Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for this! I will try more of an outright selling tactic rather than entertainment and see how it goes.

KC Kalimbas, Aug 14, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.