1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Ad question

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by superrichguy, Jun 13, 2017.

So I just noticed on running some ads they say that it will reach 4000-10000 people. But when all is said and done it reached 1112 people.... I contacted them and they said it was an estimate. Wouldn't the estimate be between those 2 numbers???? Or am I wrong?

superrichguy, Jun 13, 2017 IP
  2. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    The estimate is the maximum range that of users that can be reached with that particular ad. It doesn't mean that you will reach that maximum with your ad, though. The success of your ad depends upon how well it performs, and this can be affected by competition from other ads, the number of targeted users who are actually signed into Facebook during your ad period (to be able to see your ad in the first place), etc. You're not guaranteed that maximum reach, that's just the maximum range of targeted users that you COULD reach with that ad if all of the factors (including your budget allowance) were working in your favor.
    -

thebrandman, Aug 1, 2017 IP
    VacationCrasher likes this.
  3. ImLover

ImLover Member

Best Answers:
    It's true. If the content of your Ad is great, you will reach even more people of what they said in the estimate field.

ImLover, Oct 10, 2017 IP
  4. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    Also, many users (especially those who are more experienced) use all types of ad/script blockers in their browsers; therefore, Facebook ads are not visible to them. As a result, if 4000-10000 reached people is absolutely the best possible result in theory, it's natural the result in real life will be different. In other words, FB estimates how many people could possibly see your ad, but if 20% (just an example) of them use ad blockers, the real-life number decreases by 20%. Also add the factors other folks mentioned above, and 1000+ is a fine real-life number, I believe.

phpmillion, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  5. Thomas Brown

Thomas Brown Peon

Best Answers:

Thomas Brown, Oct 14, 2017 IP