1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Account Disabled

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by tsfrance, Dec 29, 2017.

Hello. I read the rules and I read the "don't lie" and that is a good one and that is what I am going to do, not lie and tell you exactly what happened here so maybe I can get some help.

I have a normal typical Facebook account, a few friends, a few photos and I post now and then but I am not that big into social media. I play a game on that account called Down Town Mafia and I play it through Facebook. Although it can be played on a phone I use Facebook the most to play it because that is the only way to play it on a laptop. This game can not be played stand alone on a laptop without going through Facebook. So all is fine with that.

This game Downtown Mafia allows people to have as many different accounts as they want. It is a gangster fight game. So I wanted to start building a second game account and in the game that account is called your "mini". To play this second account on my laptop I needed to create a second Facebook account. I did that with a made up name. No photos, no bio, no anything but an account for me to use and log onto the game with a second game account. I had NO clue that this was not allowed by Facebook. None. I had no ill intentions but just wanted to play my game. Been doing this for 6 months and i have MANY hours involved in building my "mini" account. Here is where I made a big mistake. The other day I was on Facebook with this second account and I searched out a person I know who I have not seen for awhile. (I should have used my regular account). I saw that this person I was trying to contact had a Facebook page but he had not posted in two months. There was a lady who posted on his page though 6 weeks ago. I sent her a message via messenger asking if she knew who I could get into contact with this friend of mine and I was worried about him. Very polite message I sent. Never heard back but in 3 days my account was suspended and I can not log into Downtown Mafia anymore. I am thankful I have not spent any real money in this game yet as I have on my other game account. My guess is the lady I sent the message to went to my page and saw no photo, no profile and thought I was trying to pull something and she reported me. Then Facebook saw the same thing and suspended the account.

I know I broke a Facebook rule but I never knew I was breaking it. No clue. I just wanted to have to game accounts. Too bad I never logged into the game using Google because then it would not have been an issue. I find no help on the Facebook help page as there is really no one to get in contact with. Im at a lost. I have so many hours logged into building my "mini" account and it is really going to hurt If I need to start over. I was not doing anything bad or trying to deceive anyone. Is there anything I can do????

Please help. Thanks.

tsfrance, Dec 29, 2017 IP
  2. partnerdig

partnerdig Active Member

Best Answers:
    They include rules that force people not to use fake information or to have more than one account.

partnerdig, Dec 29, 2017 IP
  3. tsfrance

tsfrance Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess my issue is that if you want to play the game on a laptop you need to use Facebook login. The game allows multiple accounts so you would need more than one Facebook login. Seems like a flaw to me.

tsfrance, Dec 29, 2017 IP
  4. partnerdig

partnerdig Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook can determine you have multiple accounts based on the different accounts that are logging in from the same IP.

partnerdig, Dec 30, 2017 IP
  5. tsfrance

tsfrance Peon

Best Answers:
    I think someone saw the page and reported it. No photos, no bio, no posts. Years ago I played a lot of farmtown and had 8 accounts all with the same IP and same dot.com email. Never had an issue. Don't use them anymore but they are all still there and enabled. Who knows? Im working with the game and they are trying to move me over to a Google log in.

tsfrance, Dec 30, 2017 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Multiple members of a family can use Facebook and will be on the same IP. The difference is that many people these days have their own cel phone. That's supposed to be the big deciding factor.

usasportstraining, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  7. tsfrance

tsfrance Peon

Best Answers:
    The game got me back on logging in with Google. A valuable lesson learned. Writing to Facebook turned out to be totally useless and a waste of time. Thanks for the input.

tsfrance, Jan 2, 2018 IP