1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Account Blocking Algorithm?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Ryan Baskett, Jul 13, 2017.

Recently I determined that I have too many Facebook pages, so, I decided to go through and delete them all. Along with this I deleted all of my existing email accounts as well, because I wanted to start completely fresh. After deleting everything, I created two new email addresses:
    - For email only
    - For direct use with Facebook.

After creating the email address of I created a corresponding Facebook account to go with this email address to which I added all of my information including where I work, my phone number, where I went to High School and college, where I live now, where I used to live, my age, birthdate, as well as 5-7 pictures of myself, and when I say myself I mean I was center stage of the photo without anyone else in the photo and clearly visible.

About an hour after I did this the first time, Facebook blocked my account stating that it had been locked down for security reasons and that I needed to upload a photo of myself to verify the account. The first time that this happened, I created a single image collage of both myself as well as both of my bank cards, my social security card, and my driver's license (with all of the critical information redacted of course). Despite uploading this single image for verification that included all of the cards and all of the pictures of myself that I had at the time, Facebook in the end completely disabled my account. I had to file a dispute to get my account unlocked again, and then after a week and a half of waiting for any response to this at all, my Facebook account was finally unlocked again this morning for about half an hour.

This morning during that half hour, I uploaded about another fifteen pictures of myself. Almost as soon as I was done, Facebook again blocked my account, again asking for photo verification for security reasons!

Q1. Does anyone know of any reason why Facebook would be doing this?! It must be an automated process, right?

Q2. Is there any possible way to get Facebook to stop doing this!?

Q3. Why is there no way to contact Facebook or post in the Facebook dispute forums, without being logged into Facebook!?
    Literally to report a login issue with Facebook you need to be logged in to do so.

I would be happy to upload here for the sake of argument every photo that I uploaded to Facebook so that anyone/everyone can see that there is nothing off about any of the pictures that I have posted. I just want to know why this is happening to my account specifically.

Thank you sincerely for any input/advice that you can provide.

Ryan Baskett, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  2. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The algorithm is there to stop people from registering on their site to spam. I'm not saying that you are doing it. When you filled in all your details and uploaded a number of pictures, I assume that you did it in a fast manner. That was detected by their algorithm as unusual activity. Probably their algorithm is based on the average time it takes for users to do all the things you did regarding the details. Facebook has been active for plenty of years and there should be no doubt that they know how an average user uses its platform. Let's say that you did the things you did in 10-15 minutes. Their statistics however show that an average person do all these things over a period of 2-3 days. Then they will block your profile until you show that you are really you, and not a spammer.

MrKing01, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  3. Ryan Baskett

Ryan Baskett Peon

Best Answers:
    I would understand that as a valid point if this were the first time my account had been blocked, but this is the second time in fact. The first time it was completely disabled and I actually had to file an appeal to get it reinstated, which at this point I am positive that a warm body from Facebook actually reviewed for the reinstatement of my account. Also, I have had several Facebook accounts (like 7+) for years and years now and it seems strange to me that just now that I am consolidating them into one that I receive my first ever block from Facebook. In the life span of all of those accounts I ever had I was never once blocked for any reason until just this time that I created these new Facebook accounts. It is just very strange because I definitely have had faster amounts of activity over the years consisting of uploading photos and adding friends than I ever have so far with either of these new accounts but I was never blocked on any level during any of those times. Nevertheless, here I sit still awaiting access to either of my two Facebook accounts. For the other account: , it isn't even a matter of getting the account unblocked. On that account upon logging in I'm asked for a phone number for verification. So I enter my number and receive a texted code from Facebook. I enter the code where I am asked for it on the Facebook page and as soon as I hit verify, absolutely nothing happens. The page flashes just barely visibly but no verification or page change or error message occurs, and this has been going on for nearly going on three weeks now. I can neither get fully into nor can I delete that Facebook account, as if it were in an indefinite state of limbo which seems sketchy because that's all of my information and I'm not even at liberty to delete the account or to request any sort of deletion. With all of this being said it's extremely difficult to see any logic in Facebook's moderator/admin/employee account activity so far. In fact it just seems extremely poorly managed and like every good American business, it has horrendously awful customer support/service. But I surely hope that some day, perhaps in a galaxy far far away from here, Facebook will do something to grant me access to either of my two Facebook accounts. I have to dramatize it that much because it's just so dramatic and goofy that Facebook would suspend either of these two accounts in the first place.

Ryan Baskett, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They seemed to have changed their algorithm in the recent years. Many people are asked for verification, even ID verification, as they only want real humans there. To be blocked even though you seemingly haven't done anything wrong doesn't feel good, but you are not the only one to be affected by this. Just do a Google search and read about similar stories. Thankfully, there's LinkedIn out there that can be useful.

MrKing01, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  5. JoniOt

JoniOt Peon

Best Answers:
    "This account isn't eligible for this process" whenever I log in. What do I do?

JoniOt, Aug 5, 2017 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Deleted doesn't mean their algo can't see it anymore. You can't see it, it still can. I believe your old account(s) and your new account got internally connected and as a result your new account got disabled.

qwikad.com, Aug 5, 2017 IP