1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

F I N A L F A N T A S Y . N E T

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by spdude, Oct 27, 2006.

1. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    ericandcandi, thanks for the suggestion. Seems reasonable.

Site not opening for some people occurs due to DNS issues from time to time. You can use a proxy to view the site, if that happens.

spdude, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  2. x3sphere

x3sphere Member

Best Answers:
    To people suggesting high $X,XXX+ .. how ?

If this site ever gets big SE is sure to take the domain name.

Low $xx

If you are serious I would contact SE and work out an agreement with them, considering you are even using their character models on the site. If they don't agree, then I guess you could always turn it into a different type of site, not relating to the game. If you get direct approval from SE to use the name, then it is worth high $XX,XXX

x3sphere, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  3. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree if you can develop a final fantasy related site on this domain it would be worth a lot of money, however trademark issues would likely stop you from doing this.

You have some options

1. You can contact them to see if they don't mind you developing on that name. Then sell for a lot afterwards.

2. You can say damn the consequences and develop it anyhow, chancing getting sued.

3. You could develop a site for something unrelated to final fantasy games, like "my final fantasy" etc. and then try to sell that to square enix.

4. You can sell the domain to somebody else without contacting square enix as to their policy on trademarks. You will likely get much less then it could be worth in this case.

klown, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  4. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    You can not give ANY assurance whatsoever to anyone whom you are trying to sell the domain name to that the domain will not be screwed with for trademark infringement EXCEPT a letter from the trademark owner stating which uses of the domain are Okay.

If you could get a letter of that sort: Mid $xx,xxx pretty easy.
    If you can't: Ward off the problem to someone else for High $x,xxx

IT

Correctus, Oct 31, 2006 IP
    klown likes this.