1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

F-150.com Appraisal?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by meikeric, Sep 12, 2005.

Hey guys, I've had a domain for over a year now, and I need to get a house. So I'm curious what F-150.com would sell for. For those who don't know it's the best selling Ford truck, F-150, people think f150 but the actual name is F-150. I had 633 "Page Impressions" according to Google last month. And it made me in the vacinity of $20.00 (I don't want Google to get pissed at me, cause I have sites that make more). For the month of September I've had 247 "Page Impressions" and it's made me in the vacinity of $10.00. Currently I have a default Mambo Installation up. I want to develop the site, but I need a house. So what is this site worth? I have full statistics I'm just too lazy to grab them right now. The pretty logo comes with it too :)

meikeric, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  2. perdrix

perdrix Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe you're asking for the value of a website, instead of just the domain name. Since this is a domain appraisal forum, I'd value this at reg...

perdrix, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  3. meikeric

meikeric Peon

Best Answers:
    I wasn't asking for the site I was including statistics for the domain name, so people could see the type in statistics. It's clearly worth more than reg. Can I please have some more appraisals. I feel that this is an unfair value.

meikeric, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  4. perdrix

perdrix Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry. Didn't mean to rain on your parade. I hate when people do it to me! I gave you a value of what I would pay. Let me explain for you why I would only pay that. I can go buy today from GoDaddy at reg, many short domain names that include f-150 or f150 in them. Yes, yours would be shorter, but for simple AdSense advertising, any of those other domains would work, and with a few good quality links (not purchased) I would be earning the same $10-$20 a month you do.

If you sell what you have as a "site" making an income for Google, you stand the chance of making more money then you can simply as selling the domain. But even then, with your income on the site, and little development, you won't get much.

It's my 2 cents... but I noticed nobody replied in 2 days... makes me wonder if they all went out and built their own F-150 sites... :D

perdrix, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  5. meikeric

meikeric Peon

Best Answers:
    I do atleast appreciate the reply. The difference between F-150.com and F-150.cc or F-150.goatse is that no one cares about any of the other tLDs but .com and MAYBE .net on a good day (ie. a nice dark lager). That's why I would think the domain would be higher than cost. Hell some of these guys are appraising some domains for prices I think they would have to be smoking something to give.
    Thanks again perdrix,
    Mike

meikeric, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  6. forkqueue

forkqueue Guest

Best Answers:
    Keep it a bit longer and wait for Ferrari to bring out the F150. Of course, it might be quite a while longer, you've got to go through the F70, F80, F90, F100, F110, F120, F130 and F140 first.

Still, far more desirable than some mammoth truck thing.

forkqueue, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  7. kservik

kservik Peon

Best Answers:
    F-150 is surely much better than any combination with other words.

Have you thought about asking major dealers for an offer?

kservik, Sep 17, 2005 IP