1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EZineArticles Article Marketing Journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Zibblu, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Larry S:)

Larry S:) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great work Zibblu!! Gives us all a great reference point to compare our affiliate programs.

Keep up the good work, you will be rewarded. Try split testing your landing page, to get better conversions. You are obviously getting the traffic. Some very good copy writers here on DP to make your words convert.

Good Luck!!!

Larry S:), Mar 4, 2009 IP
  2. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    This is the exact site I'm using for this experiment: dayoffdietreview.com

As you can see it's a wordpress blog with different pages created for different keyword targets (scroll down to the bottom to see the different landing pages.) As you can also see a lot of the content hasn't been filled out yet.

If you look at Yahoo Site Explorer you can see that the only links back to the site are from EZA (and a couple of sites that put those EZA articles on their sites... but that doesn't happen too often.)

5 of the 10 sales have clicked through from the banner (I'm tracking where the sales come from using TID.)

Zibblu, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  3. DF20

DF20 Guest

Best Answers:
    I see. So you link from EZA to one of your keyword-specific subdomains where there is a straight up plug for the product in the context of that keyword, around a paragraph in length, as well as a link to the product.

And that site was made in wordpress?? I think I need to switch from blogger - No matter which layout I use it screams "blog". I didn't know you could make a normal website-looking site using wordpress.

I originally assume you made an individual blog for each keyword.

DF20, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes you do need to switch from blogger :) I started off with blogger too and I think it was a huge mistake. There's a bit of a learning curve with Wordpress but once you get used to it, it's so much more flexible. You can really create any kind of site with it.

And yes, I plug the product pretty hard. There may be a more effective method, but this is what I've done and it seems pretty successful. Usually the EZA articles don't plug much at all... But the themes all match. Basically what I like to do is set people up in the article that the things they want in a diet are *these things* and then I link to them to this page which says this diet has *these things* (which are the things they just read about.)

For example for the "lose thigh fat" KW (also works for "lose belly fat") I like to talk about how there's no such thing as an exercise that pinpoints fat in the thighs (which happens to be true) and what they need to do is lower their overall body fat percentage (this is true, but also very obvious... but I find that's OK to say obvious things if it fits with your theme) then I say that the best way to do that is to boost the metabolism (makes sense) and then I then I talk about how the "calorie spike" of the "day off" boosts their metabolism.

This is all very easy for me with this product... I find that it's nice to focus on just one product because once you start to understand the selling points of it, the articles begin to write themselves.

Zibblu, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  5. DF20

DF20 Guest

Best Answers:
    Cool stuff man. Yeah it's hard to do anything BUT provide non-pluggy content. If they even catch a waft of that, your article will be denied. I guess you're either going to have someone willing to buy the product or not, so plugging hard on your link probably is the way to go.

Thanks a lot for the input! I've probably cut weeks of trial/error off my schedule from just this thread. I'm going to hopefully blast through about 50 keywords in a structure kinda similar to yours - and after a month or two is up, I'll pick the 5-10 keywords that have wound up with search engine traffic (without any SEO love) and really pump those with every promotional technique to get them to the number one spot.

I wish there were more threads like this! Transparent and non-gimmicky. DP forums would actually be more of a community/resource instead of the spam/beg for info/spam fest it is right now.

DF20, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  6. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    What I like to do with my EZA articles is not plug the brand name (since they won't let you do that much anyway like you mentioned) but instead plug the concepts of whatever it is I'm selling. In this case it's the concepts of a "calorie spiking" "day off" that "boosts the metabolism" ... I just try to play up the angles that I'm going to use to sell the diet if you know what I mean. It's sort of like... You are getting them into wanting these features and then you hit them with your product which has all of the features you've just told them they want.

BTW - I'm ending this experiment.

I'm seeing some big potential to make more money with this site so I want to go all out with it.

Zibblu, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  7. HarfynnTeuport

HarfynnTeuport Peon

Best Answers:
    I was wondering when you said that you wrote five articles for the same product did you keep your resouce box exactly the same for each article or did you change certain things in it?
    Also did you try completly different approach in each article.. for instance one quite conservative approach one more loosely laungaged or did you just keep the same writng style for each one?

HarfynnTeuport, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  8. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I changed my resource box up each time. I make the resource box match the article so it all flows together.

As far as article style, I didn't experiment with that too much.

Zibblu, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  9. threeg5

threeg5 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just like the idea that it went from start to "finish" alot of people start a journal and then seem to get lost in what they were suppose to be doing i.e. letting us the people know what the results of their testing were. Thank you Sir for telling us that you were ending this so that some were not hanging on waiting for another update.
    Congrats on an excellent job:D
    Mike G

threeg5, Mar 30, 2009 IP