1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ezine Articles Premium Membership

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by petkanov, Aug 7, 2008.

Has anyone used the Premium Membership? It cost 97 per month and they promise your articles will go in front of the line, and will be reviewed by senior editor? what are your thoughts on that?

petkanov, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  2. LTY83

LTY83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting, is that new? I don't remember ever seeing that before...

LTY83, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  3. jimmybloggs91

jimmybloggs91 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah ive just seen it then, it seems the only benefit is faster reviewing times. for 97 a month i expect a lot more exposure for my articles

jimmybloggs91, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  4. CanEh!

CanEh! Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a premium membership and I didn't pay $97 for it.

CanEh!, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  5. LTY83

LTY83 Peon

Best Answers:
    No you have a platinum, premium is new, login and check it out. i just looked today after he had mentioned the premium membership

LTY83, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  6. C.Whyte

C.Whyte Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt it's worth it... unless all you were doing was article marketing. I don't mind waiting 3 days for article approval... doesn't make a difference.

C.Whyte, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  7. jimmybloggs91

jimmybloggs91 Peon

Best Answers:
    should we now expect it to take longer do you think if we dont have a premium membership?

8. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just saw the same, But $97/month is a bit too much I would say.

ryanman, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  9. jimmybloggs91

jimmybloggs91 Peon

Best Answers:
    theyre probably thinking, some of the products we're selling are going for upwards of $70 so they think all we need is to sell 1 or 2 products a month and we're up!

but obv it doesnt work like that

10. CanEh!

CanEh! Peon

Best Answers:
    Your right LTY83, I do have a platinum not a premium my mistake.

CanEh!, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  11. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very true, But more or less this would be beneficial to someone who is writing 10+ articles a day to see some decent returns.

ryanman, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  12. jimmybloggs91

jimmybloggs91 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think it would to be honest.

think about it you write ten articles a day and it takes 3 days to approve, after 3 days you're going to have ten articles a day being approved, where as if it takes 1 days to approve after 1 day your going to have 10 articles a day being approved.

you're basically then spending $97 so that you dont have to wait the first 2 days!

13. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OMG, I would certainly subscribe to their Premium Membership, because I like Ezine, but not for $97.....that's waaaaaay too much.

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  14. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    $97? That's insane. $19.95 or something I'd probably be right on it. And yeah it'd have to offer something more than just faster approval of articles. And being edited by a "senior member" --- if that means we can get away with promoting our products more directly in the articles... OK. If we can put links in the body of the articles OK. But.. you know no indication of that. Yeah I don't get it. $97 for just this doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe if we were getting more internal links somehow (like a "premium authors" list off of the main page.) But I don't really see the big deal about waiting 2 or 3 days until an article is published. What's the difference in the end?

Absolutely true. I'm really having a hard time believing that they think getting rid of the wait time is worth $97 a month. They either need to add some huge new benefits (like preferential link treatment / more leeway in how promotional the articles can be / maybe even in body links / removing or lowering AdSense below the fold) or lower the price down substantially. Really just for speeding up the submission process? That's worth like... $5 a month at best.

Zibblu, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  15. centime

centime Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, i guess I'd better work real hard to qualify for Platinum pronto

centime, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  16. jimmybloggs91

jimmybloggs91 Peon

Best Answers:
    does anyone know when this was implemented?

perhaps if it is as new as i think it is they will say that they more benefits like more links in the body!

If they do that they will be lowering the quality of the articles that are submitted as they will be (even more) blatantly trying to sell the reader something.

17. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is something really new, which they have recently introduced. I think it's like a week old....

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  18. SSimp

SSimp Peon

Best Answers:
    My Ezine articles take forever to go live. In fact, I'm still waiting! Should I expect once I reach the 10 mark they'll go live faster?

SSimp, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  19. ajbarnes

ajbarnes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope this new service they got here is not the reason my articles were being approved much more slower than usual. If so, that is freaking lame!

ajbarnes, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  20. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt that is the reason... but they had mentioned there had been an increase in the number of articles being submitted. This could be true or it could have been false information to try and get people signing up to the new premium membership package. The timing was either a coincidence or an underhanded way to introduce the premium membership package and get people signing up out of frustration.

For $97 a month it will need to have more benefits than it currently appears. Although having a senior member review the article may appear to be a benefit, it could also mean you need to submit higher quality work to get approved. I know if I was an editor on Ezine, I would disapprove considerably more articles than they currently do (as I have seen so many articles on the site that are simply a waste of space in terms of information offered :p)

Some things that may add value to it are:
    1. self-serving links permitted it the article body
    2. images links permitted in the article body
    3. less strict signature guidelines
    4. more exposure throughout the site
    5. more exposure to the signature as opposed to the adsense ads (i.e. maybe one of the adsense blocks is replaced with a banner to the homepage/destination page of the article or is replaced with the article signature?)

There are other benefits that could be introduced, but the ones I suggested would help create some value whereas no real value exists in the current premium account setup.

Ganceann, Aug 7, 2008 IP