1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Extabit.com - official thread

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by prot, Feb 12, 2010.

1. teleport

teleport Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been using extabit for a week or so, I earned 1,80 for 100 unique downloads, the counting of the downloads is in a honest way, not like depostfiles where you are sure you have had downloads, but they are not counted.
    So far, so good. I was at the point of using Extabit for my downloads, but suddenly after 100 downloads, -yesterday- my plan is changed from 100% paid for dowloads (0% premium) to 5% paid for downloads and 95% for premiums sold. This stays in place until I sell premium accounts with my uploads.
    I have to upload my files with 100kbps line, so I can upload only a few files a day. The uploads have to be posted in a forum somewhere, thumnailsheets have to be made (I do musicvideo) uploaded to photohostingsites ect ect. This is a very time consuming job.
    Before I have uploaded enough that I might sell some premiunaccounts with my files, it will takes months. I do have about 5 terrabyte of musicvideo to upload, it would be allright in the end, if extabit is still there.
    I think about dropping Extabit, and upload to i.e freakshare. I have been in contact with the people of extabit, about a few questions, they answer fast and dedicated to us uploaders.
    So, when dropping extabit it goes with some mixed feelings, I like it when my files are not on a american host service, as I heard about rapidshare going after up and downloaders, deleting their accounts, for illegal up and dowloads.
    But be payed almost nothing for my work for the coming months is also not an attractive stimulating idea.

teleport, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  2. prot

prot Member

Best Answers:
    I understand your feelings, but I can tell you happy news. In several days we will start beta testing of our torrent download and it'll be much easier for you to upload them. You just need to find files you want to upload on some torrents and to upload them on extabit. Files will be uploaded in several minutes.

But for sure premium accounts selling is very important. We tried to fell our selves on uploader's place and tried to earn money on extabit. We uploaded 30 files and had 100 download per day. During first week no premium accounts were sold, but the next day 3 account were sold and we saw ~$3 on our balance, after that accounts were sold more often and we could choose any tariff plan we wanted.

prot, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  3. teleport

teleport Guest

Best Answers:
    The torrent thing is nice, that would surely help, but I got pretty exclusive concerts, a lot is recorded by myself from satellite TS stream, and nobody seems to have done the same.
    When can we expect this torrent service to be active, and what about duplicate links, copy files?

I have to make a rectification about Depositfiles not counting downloads correct, this is not true, I have confused them with other company, excuses to them j.

teleport, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  4. sk0rpi0nas

sk0rpi0nas Active Member

Best Answers:
    You shold make 2 things:
    1st thing. When you do remote upload file nime be like extabit.com/abj231dasd
    it should be extabit.com/abj231dasd/CSI.Part1 because its hard with parts.
    Second. Mass remote upload.
    Regards, Aistis

sk0rpi0nas, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  5. Choppaholik

Choppaholik Peon

Best Answers:
    I started uploading 1 hours ago
    So far so good
    Total income $0.39 $0.00 $0.39 $0.39

A suggestion, if you can modify the dl url whould be great
    Something like http://extabit.com/file/2daazfts236c45f/filenamehere

And a mass remote upload whould be great too :D

Choppaholik, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  6. gtfive

gtfive Peon

Best Answers:
    lol why? there ARE extabit links on prnlove and it has huge traffic + extabit really pays why the hell would it be fake? xD

gtfive, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  7. gtfive

gtfive Peon

Best Answers:
    cool feature I think it was only made by FileFactory and it is so comfortable and fast =) that would be a good reason to keep paying premium

gtfive, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  8. wuhugm

wuhugm Peon

Best Answers:
    Wokay, I'll tell you my experience

I started using extabit's service 2 days ago, me, wuhugm

At first the result was awesome, it's like $0.01 for 1 download, then I generated 200 downloads in the following day and scored $2.5 or so

I had known this thread before and I know about that "effectiveness" thing, i thought it will happen at least after 5 or 10 days, but It just happen to me few hours ago.

This make the allocation of earnings from downloads at max 5%, regardless which pay plan u used

I just about to upload more, and got hit with this thing

What concerns me is this :

1. Exactly how many premium accounts we have to sale to achieve this effectiveness thing? Currently I got 2 sales, still can't change the tariff
    2. In the future, will this effectiveness thing popped out again? so let's say today I would need 3 premium sales to be effective, and then next week my account will become ineffective again, I would need sell more premium again, meanwhile my tariff got kicked to the bucket, seriously 5%, that would mean if 1000 downloads was $20, now it would become $1, it's the same rates u can get anywhere, even hotfile copper is better than this
    3. I already bought extabit premium, I tried to remote my links to other file hosting, and guess what, it won't work. Why? because the links generated can be downloaded only from my IP, or in this case the one doing downloading. So, remote uploading from Extabit is out of the question, since extabit still a newbie, no other hosting site providing extabit remote uploading feature
    4. So, then how about remote uploading from other hosting site to extabit? I tried hotfile links
    like this :

I add hotfile default link

then add hotfile premium username & pass

or even the direct link generated by download manager

Everything failed, it said the file is HTML, i tried every possible variations, to no avail, asking through feedback form, it got replied, but they only said it's work, but doesn't tell me the exact way to do it

furthermore, remote uploading would mean that the files already present in other hosting site, if that so, that means mirror IS present, and again that would mean NONE will buy premium since there's a mirror, people will alternate download between free mirrors, It's actually not a bad thing, since we must care to downloader as well, my intention is to share as well to profit, at least to cover my loss for internet fees

But again, there's this effectiveness thing, it wouldn't be so bad to provide mirrors for files if it weren't for this thing
    this would make us keep only using extabit exclusively, for god knows how long, while only profit from measly $1 in the process

I am in fact even now, in the process of uploading more files to extabit, while observing how this adventure progress, but I got more doubts now, after seeing the top 10 webmaster I feel really weird, their earnings is so low, moreover the username is queer

Let's do some calculation

using basic pay plan, 1000 downloads of 100-800 mb files is $22.5 on 100% download rates(I take the average), now let's see the top 10

* Webmaster#2794 ($131.81)
    * Ravek ($63.82)
    * Webmaster#10645 ($55.56)
    * Webmaster#6789 ($52.25)
    * ESPADD ($51.35)
    * Webmaster#2772 ($49.19)
    * Webmaster#22295 ($45.98)
    * Webmaster#666 ($40.77)
    * Ser1477 ($38.65)
    * Webmaster#13195 ($35.73)

The gap between 1st & 2nd place is so large that it can fill grand canyon, but that's not the point, what I wanna say is 1000 downloads is easy even if they are not on 100% rates, and this is top 10, it wouldn't be so weird if they sell a lot of premium, and they only get this much, I doubt my future even more

Extabit pays twice a month, so I guess this is their earnings for about 15 days or so, and we don't even know how long until they can get out of that effectiveness thing

I already buy premium and I wanna make it worthwhile, I bought so my files don't get deleted as well to mirror them in the future, I plan to keep on buying premium actually, but this has became to obscure that I began to think negatively

can someone ease my mind?

it's a long post yea, for the good of mankind

wuhugm, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  9. eddai

eddai Member

Best Answers:
    you need to paste the link like following

http://hotfile.com/get/xxx/file.rar

not http://hotfile.com/dl/xxx/file.rar or http://s17.hotfile.com/get/xxx/file.rar

eddai, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  10. prot

prot Member

Best Answers:
    teleport, torrent upload will be ready next next week. We're now testing it.
    We will have no file copying, but if your file will be deleted by abuse, you will have possibility to restore it with other link.

sk0rpi0nas, we will try to do so. But it'll be ready not sooner then in month. Mass remote upload is working, you just need to insert list of links and thats all.

wuhugm,

Thanks for post!

1. It depends on how much download you have. You need to sell premium accounts on the sum that you earned. For example, you had 1000 downloads and should earn $15 to get this $15 you need to sell 5-6 trials (3 days premium for $2.95) or 2-3 premiums for 60 downloads or 1 month (you should also subtract PayPal commission). Thats all. We're ready to pay you 100% from our income on this time.

2. Premium account sales effect on effectiveness for 14 days. That means if you made 1 day sales on $200, you can easily work for 14 days and choose any rate you want. Hotfile cooper is better until you get some premium sale, Hotfile will anyway pay you 5% from this sale and we will pay 30%*0.95=28.5%.

3. Sorry, but we will not support remote downloading from Extabit.com. Maybe in future we will create some special service for remote uploading, but it'll be no sooner then in half a year.

4. You should give not default hotfile link but link like this: http://hotfile.co...yAnn15.part1.rar. You should copy link over here just click right mouse button on "Click here to download" and choose "Copy link". That's easy.

Top 10 is for 7 days.

Wanted to add, that very soon will be ready premium discount codes and premium discount banners, that you can add in signature. We're sure, that it'll help to sell more premium accounts.

prot, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  11. gtfive

gtfive Peon

Best Answers:
    otherwise it's the best way to use your own remote storage somewhere you can get and use direct links... you won't have any problems x)

gtfive, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  12. prot

prot Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly =) If you earn a lot, why not buy some virtual hosting and use it as remote storage?

prot, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  13. wuhugm

wuhugm Peon

Best Answers:
    Ho... I see......

So I guess I should sell 2-3 1 month account per 14 days

and hotfile link should be the one with get in it....... Is there anyway to mass convert hotfile default link into that?

Thanks for the info :D

wuhugm, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  14. prot

prot Member

Best Answers:
    I think we will do that soon. Thanks for advice!

prot, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  15. wuhugm

wuhugm Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah :D do that soon

It's tiresome to get the direct link one by one :D

I really like your ftp upload ehehe, but I don't know, is it a bug or something, after FTP uploads completed, we can't choose which files to upload to file manager, all files listed (besides those still loading) get uploaded instead

wuhugm, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  16. eddai

eddai Member

Best Answers:
    another suggesstion that could be useful,

when a user downloads a file, if that file is inside in a folder and is made public, that folder should also be shown in download page under filename..
    that feature would increase premium sales I guess..

currently I see there is no waiting time after each download.. the only reason for a user to buy premium membership is not speed issue, but also some download limits..
    hotfiles does this well, regardless of filesize there is 30 minutes waiting after each download.. that was why I have platinium rank over months, I always generate premium sales..

currently I test your services and get good income with limited files..
    but as I told, current system is not much helpful for selling premiums.. when my downloads increase and sales not enough, after you change rates automatically it will not be beneficial for me.. neither for u..

so instead I also consider sharingmatrix.com now.. paying countries and rates for downloads are almost close with extabit.. but sharingmatrix pays 3 usd even for 1 month premium membership.. regardless of downloads..

I'm still doubtful choosing between extabit and sharingmatrix...

maybe u can help.. any suggestion ?

eddai, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  17. wuhugm

wuhugm Peon

Best Answers:
    Just patient, extabit will sure improve, :D

I suggest extabit use ads again, but not like the past, only one or two will do, so that user will yearn for premium, ah yeah, if u can, make the ads appear together with the waiting time, that's not annoying, that's cute :)

by doing that, extabit will get another source of income and personal rate for downloads doesn't have to go down that far

give waiting time between each download by 3 minutes

I think that will maximize sales :D

I like extabit more than other because the site design looks cool ehehehehe

wuhugm, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  18. eddai

eddai Member

Best Answers:
    I know extabit for some months.. they really improved many thing for both visually and technically.. right..
    but not much suitable for premium sales.. so those high rates for downloads will be useless after some while..

the feeling "I should generate premium sales as much as I earn" is some annoying.. for ex "repeated orders" should also be counted.. otherwise to find always new customers will be hard for us..

will wait for prot's explanation.. I hope he can throw some light to my doubts!

eddai, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  19. prot

prot Member

Best Answers:
    Surely I will throw the light=)

The case is that we are rather new file hosting, but I've got several thoughts after your words, eddai, and I think we will add some tiny ad while waiting. But for sure we won't add waiting between downloads for some time. Right now we should raise auditory. People should start using us and for sure should start love us :) I guess, this should happen in several months and then we will make some waiting time between downloads (3min, 15min, 30min, 60min).

As we analyzed most users don't extend premium account. They just buy new one when they need to download some file. So you don't have to worry about that.

prot, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  20. eddai

eddai Member

Best Answers:
    no doubt people will love you.. shining like a sun among other file hosting sites, seriously :)
    even only look of site, control panel features tempts me to upload all my files to this site but I know I will not be able to generate any sales under these circumtances..
    most of my files are between 5-50 mb and to be honest I would not need to buy a premium account to download the files I share :)

so I have to wait until extabit becomes popular.. for now I have to choose sharingmatrix, unwillingly..

but I'm sure a feature that display a file with its public folder under filename would increase premium sales.. of course if you display only first 3 files actively as you do now..

will be looking forward to return extabit :)

eddai, Mar 31, 2010 IP