1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Explain in simple terms Show comments cookies opt-in checkbox.

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Karen May Jones, Nov 26, 2018.

Hey, in the admin settings/discussion, there is an option for Show comments cookies opt-in checkbox. By default it is unchecked. Ok!
    I googled this and the result titles seemed complicated - saying - How to add a gdpr checkbox..etc etc.

On my wordpress, it looks like the checkbox has been accomplished, but what is this for, what does it do?

I am going over the admin side of wordpress and it seems like there are tons more too it than before, but that is probably because of the theme and a couple of plugins.
    This isn't urgent, I was just curious about the option Show comments cookies opt-in checkbox located in the admin panels discussion settings.
    Thanks,
    Karen

Karen May Jones, Nov 26, 2018 IP
  2. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    If its was not appearing before that it could be cause of any of the plugin or the theme it self. It could be email subscription plugin that opt-in the user if he comment on the post. The checkbox must be for the same to disable/enable the feature. I would be more clear looking at the screenshot though.

AlphaNine_Vini, Nov 28, 2018 IP