1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expired Domains

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by dcristo, May 6, 2005.

For those domain sharks out there... can u tell me, when a domain is expired and is picked up by another party, does the whois record date reset to the new registration date or remain the same?

Thanks

dcristo, May 6, 2005 IP
  2. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    It might be different for some national TLDs, but for .com domains it resets.

norfstar, May 6, 2005 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Cool thanks for that.

dcristo, May 6, 2005 IP
  4. Caveman

Caveman Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't always reset for .com either. If you win an auction at SnapNames, the name you win will always keep the original registration date. This is because the name never really expired. Netsol will re-reg the name just before it deletes, then pass it on to Snapnames to auction.

Caveman, May 7, 2005 IP
  5. promo

promo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well in my experience it isent the registrate that is the defining value.. I almost allways use the same registrer to get expired domain names, but in nearly all the cases the registration date is reset.. And then out of the blue I get one where the date is not reset.. Maybe it has something to do with how fast you get them after the drop?

promo, May 19, 2006 IP