1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Experiment on PageRank

Discussion in 'Google' started by ZanderXML, Jun 2, 2004.

http://www.webmasterbrain.com/prog/...0&sa=N&filter=0

You can see, that gameguru.ru (believe me - I counted all of them exactly) have:
    - 7 PR7 backlinks
    - 186 PR6 backlinks (with 30 links per page in general - it's rating common pages and there are exactly 30 links on it)
    - 22 PR5 backlinks
    - 312 PR4 backlinks

Now it have PR6. SO I think if we take 5 or more sites we can figure the formula on G PR

ZanderXML, Jun 2, 2004 IP
  2. ZanderXML

ZanderXML Guest

Best Answers:
    Some idea to discuss. GameGuru.ru have 186 Backlinks from PR6 Pages with 30 links on them

Ok we have PR6 * 0.85 / 30 = 0.17.

Than 186 * 0,17 = 31.62 (it's 5.27 times more than 6, but still 6)

So we need to take 7,5,4 PR pages (there'are 300 links on each)

PR4 * 0,85 / 300 = 0.0113 and it's at least 25 times less then PR6 pages so we have 0.0113 * 312 / 25 (to bring all to PR6) = +0.14 Points ;)

PR5 * 0,85 / 300 = 0.0114 and it's 5 times at least less then PR6 so we have 0.0114 * 22 / 5 = +0.05 Points ;)

PR7 * 0,85 / 300 = 0.02 and it's 5 times more then PR6 so we have
    0.02 * 7 * 5 = +0.7 points

So we have 32.51 Points and still have 6, but not 7. We have multiplier of 5.418

So I think we should think of 6+ multiplier (may be 8 because it's about bits things) when talking about what the difference betwean 2 close PR values

3. ZanderXML

ZanderXML Guest

Best Answers:
    There's another PR5 site mobiguru.ru. We have there:

PR4 - 84+80+86+85+88+7 = 430
    PR5 - 12+15+13+12+9 = 61
    PR6 - 2+2+1+2+1 = 8

I think we need to add 3-5 more sites to count PR

4. rocky

rocky Guest

Best Answers:
    Are you counting page by page?

rocky, Jun 2, 2004 IP
  5. ZanderXML

ZanderXML Guest

Best Answers:
  6. eCommando

eCommando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good info.
    I thought it was exponential like the earth quake richter scale.
    So it's around 8 times. I think it also depends whether the site is high pr 7 or low pr 7.
    I've seen a link from a PR10 site that gave the page a PR9.

eCommando, Jun 2, 2004 IP
  7. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    Though you know what the Google Toolbar Value is of the backlinks, unfortunately that isn't enough. All PRs are not created equal. One PR 6 could have a ranking value thousands of points higher than another PR 6. Basically, it could be a "high" PR6 (closer to a PR7) or a "low" PR 6 (closer to a PR 5).

What's more, even if you know the exact value of each of the backlinks, you would still not know how much of that value they are giving up to your page. You are undoubtedly NOT the only link on those pages and thus you are not getting the full value transfer. Even their own navigation dilutes the true PR transfer value that you receive.

I do think it is interesting information but unless a system is built that is virtually identical to Google's where all of the information can be taken in, compiled, and analyzed, it is impossible to figure out the exact calculation of Google Page Rank.

However, with that said, there is good news. You don't have to know the exact Google PR formula. Page Rank is NOT the end all, say all of SEO. It is just one small piece. There are a lot of techniques and strategies that can be leveraged and are much more controlled variables than Google Page Rank.

SEOGuru, Jun 2, 2004 IP
  8. rocky

rocky Guest

Best Answers:
    PageRank is a base 5 system, not an 8.

rocky, Jun 2, 2004 IP
  9. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    See my article, PageRank and how to get it which is in this thread. The chart in the article is based on base 5.5. But you can download the spread sheet and change it to base 5 and see what difference it makes.

compar, Jun 2, 2004 IP
  10. ZanderXML

ZanderXML Guest

Best Answers:
    So you all want to say that the maximum difference betwean PR5 and PR6 is by 25 times?

I thinks that it'a at least by 64 times betwean low PR6 and high PR7. And we can figure that if we have 10-20 sites with all their backlinks counted. Just math analysis and the value will be revieled.

And here are the proof. The old backlinks gave gameguru.ru just 3% of today value. 3% is 33 times less then in was.

PR changed from 5 to 6. If ot was 5, then it should change to 7 even if it was weakest PR5 and became strongest PR6. It couldn't be if the multiplier is 5 so it's about 25 betwean these two values and we have 35.

We need 10 or 20 site to figure that out. Please count you sites with PR5 and PR6.

11. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    You may want to take the links to your site off of your signature. Just by having additional links on the pages in this forum destroys your experiment because it is added PageRank that was not counted on. It becomes an uncontrolled variable.

Just trying to help you out as I would like to see what calculations are revealed in your findings.

SEOGuru, Jun 2, 2004 IP
  12. ZanderXML

ZanderXML Guest

Best Answers:
    All forums pages show PR0. It's just what I do and many members have the same footer in their signature ;)

SEOGuru you need 3 more links ;)