1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Experiment how to grow a website from 0 up to 100k visitors per month

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Herczs, Mar 25, 2019.

Hi guys,

I have created a new experiment for how fast I can grow new website from 0 up to 100k monthly uniques.

It will be exciting for me, but maybe some of you will also learn something from my mistakes.

What technology I will use

- making deep quality content,
    - backlink building from authority websites,
    - social networking.

What I did so far:

I have registered domain name two days ago and set up a simple Wordpress blog with a free template.

To avoid any impact from my previous experience or social networks I have opened brand new social media accounts for this project.

P.S. This thread is not about, how to make money with your blog; there are plenty of great tutorials about it in the forums. I will concentrate only on how to get traffic in a legit way.

I will try to update you 2-3 or maybe more times each week step by step what I have done and what are the exact results I get.

Herczs, Mar 25, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What background do you have?
    Have you ever run a site with traffic like that before?

sarahk, Mar 25, 2019 IP
  3. Herczs

Herczs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have worked in that industry for the last 11 years and have managed a couple of my client sites to get that kind of results. This is an experiment for myself to do that with my site from scratch and without client suggestions. Because as you probably know, clients did not always allow you to do what you want to, even if they are not from that specific industry.

Herczs, Mar 25, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  4. Hallozen

Hallozen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Quality content will be the key. I guess, you are going to optimize them with keywords.
    But, why free theme? On-page SEO should be there...

Hallozen, Mar 26, 2019 IP
  5. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You say this is not about making money. Do you plan to monetize this site, and if so at what point?

JoeSpirit, Mar 26, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  6. Herczs

Herczs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Hallozen for your reply. It has a free theme just because I want to show how everyone can do that with a very low budget. And there will be a lot of on-page SEO, that's are exactly about what I'm planning to write in my quick tutorials.

I truly believe then website monetization before it has a strong community around it is a mistake, just because people don't like advertisements these days. So you will lose part of your readers at the very first stage if they will see ads on your blog. I will do monetize site after I reach this primary target for sure. The main thing is I have seen a lot of tutorials on how to monetize your established sites, but very less how to grow new site till you can monetize it and get certain income.

Herczs, Mar 26, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  7. CheapHost

CheapHost Peon

Best Answers:
    What would be your goal in terms of time?

CheapHost, Mar 26, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  8. Herczs

Herczs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, from my previous experience it looks like I can done it in 6 months time. I know many of SEO gurus claiming to have reached that type of goals in four months, even in three months. To be honest I'm not always trust them just because they mix their results with their services advertisements too much.

BTW I will try to do that as fast as I can :)

Herczs, Mar 27, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  9. Herczs

Herczs Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is my first report after a couple of days.

What has been done by that time?

I have installed all necessary WordPress plugins and end up with page load time 563 msec for London and 1.85 sec for Washington (without any cashing plugin or CDN ... I will do it later), so not bad for the start.

Have published two posts already and will go to publish one more today.

Blog still looks pretty empty, so I even not give it addresses away into public before I will publish at least 5-6 posts. No one like to visit empty blogs, right?

Have set up google analytic, submitted a sitemap to google webmaster central, bing and yandex.

Submitted site to Duckduckgo.

Search engines are slow on indexing new sites, so I don't think anyone can click on my links before I will post enough content.

And have gained first 21 followers on Twitter.

Quick Note

The Twitter strategy I use is pretty simple, I don't do any kind on follow/unfollow game. Instead, I follow well-known names in my niche. Not too much, maybe 5-6 each day. I don't expect they will follow me back at that stage, but the key is when I follow them I stay on the top of their followers for a day or two. And some people who look in their profile will follow me. So I get a mix of followers in my industry and followers who just want me to follow them back.

If my follower comes from my blog niche, I follow them back but if I see he has a lot of advertisements in his feed, I don't.

Also when someone writes something valuable, I retweet it with my comment. It helps to gain some attention from the public and maybe get under bigger bloggers radar.

But again, don't expect fast results with this method at the early stages. It is more about building trust for the future.

Herczs, Mar 27, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  10. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    An interesting project. I take it that you're personally writing your posts. What is the article length that you target?

JoeSpirit, Mar 27, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  11. Herczs

Herczs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I don't focus too much on a length. For me, it just needs to be enough to cover the topic. From the SEO point in my experience article length doesn't have any direct ranking factor, it only has social factor because people share articles which are long enough to cover the current topic more often and you will probably get some backlinks to the current article what helps rank it better.

Herczs, Mar 27, 2019 IP
  12. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    Post valuable topics related to your niche industry or field.
    Encourage users or visitors to subscribe
    Don't provide all the information in one go. Post series of topics that create interest in reading.
    Next day they will come back if they have subscribed.
    Create job board related to your niche industry.

AlphaNine_Vini, Mar 27, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  13. Herczs

Herczs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right

Herczs, Mar 27, 2019 IP
  14. youssef ajarour

youssef ajarour Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi please if you have an idea about those errors how can I fix it?
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.PNG

youssef ajarour, Mar 28, 2019 IP
  15. Herczs

Herczs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, if you will give me detailed list of problems showed up, I will have a look.

Herczs, Mar 28, 2019 IP
  16. bilgi

bilgi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also we make these very good; we cant find another option to improve our sites like big websites like newspaper and portals.
    - making deep quality content,
    - social networking.

bilgi, Apr 1, 2019 IP
  17. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting project. Will keep track of the development. Keep posting updates please.

JEET, Apr 1, 2019 IP
  18. Chaz Holden

Chaz Holden Peon

Best Answers:
    Love it brother. Please keep updating the chat on your success. Best of luck to you and I would recommend focusing on quality content, guest posts, backlinks, and SEO optimization. I actually recently came across a blog with content about technology and business. I’ve taken some tips from their site and I like their layout. Check it out @ gadgetsforbusiness.com

Chaz Holden, Apr 1, 2019 IP
  19. Herczs

Herczs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys :)

Well, some time is gone again. What have I did that time?

I have written five posts and opened new social media accounts in Flipboard, Pinterest and LinkedIn.

I have also gained 70 followers on Twitter without following.

Now the blog now looks pretty new, but not an empty anymore and here is time to spread the word around and get first traffic.

The primary traffic sources for a start for me will be Pinterest and Flipboard. I have used them before into other projects, and they worked pretty well for me.

At the same time I will start slowly add some backlinks, not too much, maybe 2-3 per day, mix nofollow/dofollow mostly from relevant niche sites.

Herczs, Apr 2, 2019 IP
    Mehta and JoeSpirit like this.
  20. Kanohh

Kanohh Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like really interesting self challenge. I will also follow it.What is the current situation ?

Kanohh, May 17, 2019 IP