1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Experienced Designer/Programmer Wanted. (Similar to GasBuddy)

Discussion in 'Programming' started by James_P, Dec 21, 2009.

The website is all about the roads of Australia:

Hazards
    Speed Cameras
    Cheapest Petrol Prices
    Roadworks

I want to create a completely custom portal that incorporates all forms of user-submitted information into a nice, easy to use maps. This was a project I initially wanted to start 18 months ago, but fell through when I found out the government was planning a similar idea. The idea is back, with extra features, and it doesn't look like the gov. backed site will be up any time soon. All parts of the site will be socially driven.

Priority 1:
    The Map
    This needs to be supported by a good, current map of Australia. Integrating Google Maps should be feasible.

Priority 2:
    Petrol Prices.
    Similar to http://gasbuddy.com/ but aimed at the Australian market. This is a socially driven site, so users are free to submit petrol prices that they see within their local area.

We want to mark the location of every single major petrol station in metropolitan areas eventually (on our map), and display them when cheap prices are listed. Obviously, it won't be up to the programmer to gather this data, but users need to be able to submit the location of a petrol station alongside the current price of petrol. We will eventually integrate this into an iphone application and also a facebook application. Submitting needs to be a quick and easy process.

Priority 3:
    Speed Cameras
    Users of the site must be able to submit the location of speed cameras. This needs to be a quick and easy process - i.e. click "Spotted a camera?", flag it as being on Springvale Road between points a and b and it's published on the map (for users looking for speed camera data in that area).

Priority 4:
    Roadworks
    Extended periods of roadworks can be flagged on the map for users looking for that data. Users can flag an area as having roadworks between a period of time (i.e. from Dec 21 - Dec 25th, and also 2am - 11am).

Priority 5:
    Hazards
    These include accidents and any other incidents that would affect your typical traffic flow.

The Rating System
    Users can accumulate points for submitting valid information. The more +1's they get from other users (a +1 essentially verified their information as valid), the more points they receive for their submission of data. We will eventually hold competitions for the highest point gatherer, etc.

Once the site is up and functioning, we will develop iphone and facebook applications for the submission of various pieces of data (and also to vote on existing data). We are looking for a web design company who can provide both the development process and the design process at a reasonable price, whilst still providing exceptional functionality and also a clean, user-friendly 2.0 GUI. We'd also love your input as to improvements on the project.

James_P, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  2. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

I can help you with this project ,if the job is still open.

I have worked with google maps API for few of my clients.

As a Freelancing PHP MySQL developer with 6+ yrs of exp & serving DP members for over 2 yrs with 85 Itraders , I'm interested.

But in-order for me to evaluate the efforts required to complete the project , send me a detailed email with your contact details , so that we can discuss quickly on the project.

phptechie, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  3. webconsultant09

webconsultant09 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi ,I can do this project.I have 5+experience in web development(php,cms).
    please contact me on or

webconsultant09, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  4. Acceptic

Acceptic Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,
    Please check the PMB.
    Thank you.

Kate.

Acceptic, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  5. innovatewebs

innovatewebs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi
    I have 4.5 year exp in php and mysql tech.
    I am interested to do your work.

innovatewebs, Dec 23, 2009 IP