1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Experience w/ Facebook-like address book importer (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, aol, etc)

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by classmatesguy, Jan 14, 2008.

Has anyone implemented an address book importer ala-Facebook? I came across this site that has a script for download. There are probably others out there.

I'm considering using something like this to get the word out on a few of my sites.

Has anyone used something like this and how successful is/was it?

Thanks

classmatesguy, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    A customer of mine tried something similiar. It didn't send them all out, and of the ones that did go out, he got back a few replies that were not very positive.

They are use to being hit on all the time with spam. Even though yours may not be, it is still recognized as such by them.

The only way to get around it is to contact them without any links or sales pitch in your first half a dozen or so e-mails.

Then, sloooowly, overtime, pitch it to them. Like one friend to another.

But they won't see you as a friend if you sell them right away.

As you can see this can and does take A LOT of time. Time is money! Is it worth it to you?

But, hey, try it. See what happens. Come back in about 30 days, and tell us how it worked.

Perry Rose, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  3. Mr. Pimp

Mr. Pimp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mr. Pimp, Jun 20, 2008 IP