1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expected revenue for 4000 unique visitors/day

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DESIMINR, Nov 6, 2005.

I run a game site that gets 15K unique visitors/week and about 2.5-3M page views/month.

Google isn't cutting it, as I am barely getting $200/month from them. Seems paltry for this level of traffic. I do much better with the banner advertisers.

Anyone have any ideas what I could/should be making in $$ with this kind of traffic?

Any ideas besides CPC and banner ads? I have been at this for a couple months and cannot seem to get my revenue anywhere close to what others are claiming with 1/10 the traffic.

TIA
    Rich

DESIMINR, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I am an expert in making money from sites with good traffic, PM me your url and I will give you some ideas

fryman, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  3. vprp

vprp Peon

Best Answers:
    That is extremely low for your amount of traffic, IMO. It would seem that a game site would be a somewhat attractive site for advertisers. A lot of it could be due to ad placement.

vprp, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  4. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    I would think 600-1,000/month is achievable with that kind of traffic.

spdude, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  5. subigo

subigo Peon

Best Answers:
    I would think $30-70 a day with 4000 unique visitors.

subigo, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  6. andy912

andy912 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I havnt got any personal expirence with running a games site however have been told it is very hard to make any money at all from visitors - Have you thought of trying popups? Or toolbar sponsors? ( Maby require the surfer to download a toolbar before then can procced?

Just an idea...

andy912, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  7. linkstraffic

linkstraffic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about targeted visitors? If not then even million visitors won't make your income increase that much!

linkstraffic, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  8. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:
    Tried Chitika? Imho it would fit a game forum perfectly, you could show ads for graphic cards, games, cpu's etc.. all sorts of high paying hardware.

blinxdk, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  9. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Hi Desiminr,

There are a few things that you can try, without your URL its kinda hard to give you any concrete advice but here are a few things that you may want to consider.

1) Build, Run and sell your own banner and text link advertising on the site.

2) Build your own product (ie: ebook on game cheat codes) and sell it to your visitors.

3) Build your own newsletter and get sponsors to pay for advertising in your newsletter.

4) Use Hover-Ad technology (aff. link) to capture user information or sell products to them.

5) Use Chitika and promote theme related products

Hope this helps!
    Frank

LaCabra, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  10. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With that amount of traffic you should be making a thousand bucks a month from text link or banner advertisers, let alone google adsense. Game site are more visual. Doesn't adsense have an option for banners.

tesla, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  11. web-spy

web-spy Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about having 4000 unique visitors per month, but not millions of pageviews? Can I expect same results? I think I'm not earning as much as I could at the moment.

web-spy, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  12. harris2004

harris2004 Peon

Best Answers:
    if your ad placement is done perfectly then you can make $1000/ month even for 2000/uniqes..one of my site has far less visitors then the other about 1/4 but makes 2x more..

harris2004, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  13. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    If anyone has some kind of entertainment site or something like that with good traffic, feel free to send me a PM, I am focused on that kind of theme and I am sure I can help you earn way more than what you are earning, as long as you have enough traffic (and no, you don't need a million pageviews, the most important thing is the number of unique visitors and the country they come from)

Just websites. Blogs and forums are not something I am familiar with

fryman, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  14. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    fryman would an industry portal do it? I have a pretty large leather industry portal!

LaCabra, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  15. Des

Des Peon

Best Answers:
    Au, you can make $200 a month with just 400 uniques a day... You can maybe change the ad placement, or other programs like Chitika as mentioned earlier

Des, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  16. Links2Cash

Links2Cash Peon

Best Answers:
    Can someone tell me how you measure uniques in a day? I mean, I assume there's a counter that does it, but which one is good and accurate? I'd love to know how many of my visitors are unique.
    And what does Google count as unique? Every 12 hours, or 24? And if a person comes and clicks more than 1 ad on a page, or on my site, do I get credit for both?

Links2Cash, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  17. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you explain further on this topic? I would think each site is targeted with its own set of readers (targeted). How can you tell if it is not targeted?

ken123, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  18. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe it is 24 hours. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong.

ken123, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  19. Links2Cash

Links2Cash Peon

Best Answers:
    Targeted means that the people came looking for your site, or a site that speciallizes in what you do. In this case, it means that people were looking for a game site, maybe they clicked an ad on another site, or used a search engine, but they were looking to play. Not some little old lady who thinks that computer games are the cause of evil!
    Untargeted traffic is very easy to get; I can send thousands of untargeted visitors to any site! Some of them may stay and look around, but you never know that.

Links2Cash, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  20. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does this mean return visitors and search hits?

ken123, Nov 9, 2005 IP