1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expanded contents extraction using Yahoo Pipes

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by Chermesh, Mar 31, 2014.

Hi,
    I looking for a method to collect stories from various sources (Forums, newspapers, etc.). I managed to get access to many sources using RSS and Yahoo Pipes. Unfortunately, Yahoo Pipes doesn't provide a straightforward rule of collecting the complete data of an item. The closest I get is by using the item.description rule.
    Is there a way to fetch an rss, run a filter on its source and squize items which follow a specific keyword.
    Let's take an example: A newspaper publishes a story about President Obama and assign a title saying "The advantages and disadvantage of second term presidents". An item.description search will find this item as a hit if I use the keyword "presidents", but it won't if I use "obama".
    Is the a way run a search insite an item and not just in its title or description?

Chermesh, Mar 31, 2014 IP