1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Exp. with LinkWorth anyone?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by frankm, May 15, 2005.

Has anyone on this forum experience with LinkWorth.com ?
    I've registered a site of mine that I think is a good place to host links (PR5 home, PR4 subpages; enough actual visitors to get some quality traffic aswell).

I used their "Link Price Quote" tool, which suggested the following prices:
    Home Page Price: $ 80.00 To $ 100.00
    Sub Page Price: $ 50.00 To $ 60.00
    Entire SiteRun Price: $ 280.00 To $ 500.00

which seems a bit high to me :) but he, if they think they can sell links at that price, I'm willing to follow...

so far, I've had not one request (in a week, ok, I should wait a bit more) but I was just wondering if any of you have a site registered with linkworth and if they are sending you links (and $'s) and if it's all worth the hassle.

frankm, May 15, 2005 IP
  2. morewords

morewords Guest

Best Answers:
    I've used Linkworth for a few months now on a couple of sites.

There are very few active advertisers, it's hard to get ad requests at all. One a month and you're doing well (or the price is too low).

Their pricing tool does price way too high, especially for site-wide. $100 is probably the max for a sitewide unless in a special niche.

On the positive side, they've paid me bang on time each month with no problems. Also, the ads auto-renew so once you've got an ad you tend to have a regular income (providing your site doesn't change much).

morewords, May 18, 2005 IP
  3. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks morewords,

so there service is ok, they just have few advertisers :(

frankm, May 19, 2005 IP
  4. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I got one advertiser off them, paid 100 USD for a PR2 non related 1000 page site wide, very strange but I didn't complain (they didn't renew). I've had the same experience as morewords, they paid on time but do suffer from lack of advertisers

dct, May 19, 2005 IP
  5. sc0ttie

sc0ttie Peon

Best Answers:
    I just posted another thread about my experience with linkworth. I have over 150 ads that involve around 85 or so different advertisers. I really think the key is pricing. I price low and look for volume as I have many sites listed with them and I'm averaging close to 5k per month.

The pricing tool I asked the linkworth support about and I was told it was not an exact tool since each website can vary so much. They said it was more of a guidance but could a little off. I think they also said the site run prices could be pretty far off if the site has thousands upon thousands of pages. I would recommend using it and then using your best judgement. I think I do well because I price so low and make deals the advertisers can't refuse. ;)

sc0ttie, May 22, 2005 IP
  6. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I see them advertising heavily, but not enough advertisers. Probably not worth a lot.

honey, May 22, 2005 IP
  7. sc0ttie

sc0ttie Peon

Best Answers:
    Like I said, it's all about pricing. In my opinion, I have plenty of business through them...maybe I have all of the business, I don't know, but it works for me. What I typically see is most people price their sites like their solid gold when they're nothing but a sliver of silver and no one will pay that kind of money.

Anyhow...all I'll say about it...it works for me great, the others either don't have good luck or price their sites too high. ;)

sc0ttie, May 22, 2005 IP
  8. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can I ask - how do you price your sites?

joeychgo, May 23, 2005 IP
  9. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Way less then the linkworth pricing tool :)

honey, May 23, 2005 IP
  10. sc0ttie

sc0ttie Peon

Best Answers:

I offer one location at one price for all of my sites. They are content filled and their link shows on every page of my site for $25. I now offer the new billboard (content links) for $35 on every page.

Think of it this way: because I advertise with linkworth as well, so I guess I know what they are looking for, lets say you give yourself a budget of $1500 per month to advertise with links. You know that link popularity means the more, the better. So would you:

a) Buy 6 high ranked $250 links
    b) Buy 15 well ranked $100 links
    c) Buy 30 nice ranked $50 links
    d) Buy 60 good ranked $25 links
    e) Buy 150 NON ranked $10 links

I (as an advertiser) look at it as there being a cut off mark on price and quality. Buying 150 links sounds good in quantity, but if none of them have any backlinks or spidered at all, then it's a waste of money. You can buy 6 high ranked sites if you want to get a fancy green bar (PR), but that doesn't help sales. So what I try to do when buying links for myself is buy the "most" links possible, but still buy good links with decent stats. I could care less about pagerank, it's all about if the site has decent backlinks and good content. So if you have both of these AND you are priced at something as low as $25, then I can't pass it up.

Put yourself in the buyer's shoes, not your own. I realize you probably want to make as much as you can, but the buyer has so many selections, he wants to spend as little as he can, therefore, if he has two identical sites and one is priced at $50 or $150, then the other is $25, it's obvious who they'll select.

Making money is the key, of course, but in my experience with linkworth, you'll make more with a lot of low priced links rather than with high priced links.

I am thinking maybe I'm giving my secret away :D, but oh well. A little friendly competition never hurts! HA

Scott

sc0ttie, May 23, 2005 IP
    dct likes this.
  11. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that sc0ttie, I think I may be lowering my prices :D

dct, May 23, 2005 IP
  12. morewords

morewords Guest

Best Answers:
    How many links per page do you aim to sell, sc0ttie?

I've offered every page of one of my sites (PR7, half-million plus pages in Google) on Linkworth for $100 (more now). I've only had two takers, but they have renewed each month. That leaves me plenty of space for other links (such as the ad coop, and my own sites). With them priced at $25 I'd have to sell 8, leaving less space for other ads (or very cluttered pages).

However, on a site with less pages or less PR I can certainly see that volume is the way to go.

morewords, May 23, 2005 IP
  13. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    So, I am new to all this, but based on the information in the thread I visit linkworth. I go there with the idea of buying some links to promote an automotive related site I have. My site has a home page PR of 4, 650 pages indexed in Google and gets about 2,000 visitors per month. Adsense doesn't do well.

1. I see I have to deposit $25 if I really want to look around.
    2. I use the inventory tool and search on automotive related sites. Find 28. Use the stats tool to look at all of them. Lots of garbage there. Sites with zero backlinks, etc. However, did find a few that might have some potential.

Best find was a collector car magazine (my site is classic car repair info) PR6 with 1,000+ backlinks, DMOZ listed and 25 pages indexed.

Found another one that might provide a way to promote a domain I have "on the shelf".

Maybe I should list my site there :)

I would appreciate comments/suggestions for proceding with either buying or selling links.

mhdoc, May 23, 2005 IP