1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Execution file not executed in server

Discussion in 'C#' started by gray d' newbie, Jul 31, 2008.

Greetings All,

I'm new to ASP, so I am ready to learn from any experts in this forum. Thank you very much in advance. Below is my problem:

I have an ASP page that is able to call an EXE file (compiled from VB). Both ASP page and EXE are stored in the server. When I as a client try to access the ASP page, the page will as usual call out the EXE (it actually used to handle some printing) and the respective documents supposed to be printed out. However in my client side I doesn't see any effect of that. Hence I went into the server environment and I check on the Task Manager, then found out that the EXE actually does running in the server, but strangely only in the "Processes" list but not in the "Applications" list. May I know what is the possible cause that stopping the EXE from performing. I've tried the run the EXE directly from the server and it works, just don't quite understand why it doesn't work in this situation.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards
    Gray d' Newbie

gray d' newbie, Jul 31, 2008 IP