1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Examples of good articles please

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by korzon, Mar 28, 2006.

So it seems like every other marketing/backlinks post says "write quality articles and submit them". Well, call me stupid but I just don't know what an article for that purpose would look like.

I'd appreciate some examples of good articles, and perhaps some advice on what kind of articles to write to promote two of my sites:
    SEMrush
    www.playedonline.com
    www.recipesforum.com

korzon, Mar 28, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. albemarle24

albemarle24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good is a relative term I guess.

Take a look at this:

http://www.daybreakfishing.com/Chincoteague-Oysters.html

It got me what I wanted, which was to be in the Google's top 10 for "Chincoteague Oysters".

The articles don't have to be masterpieces, as this one certainly demonstrates! Just create a short description of a subject, sprinkled with keywords.

Each article can target a particular key word or phrase.

Why not put the best ones on your site, then variations of it can be submitted to article directories?

It's hard work but I have had some excellent success by taking an hour or 2 a week and writing articles, be it for a site I own, or to submit to article directories.

Opinions vary but I don't submit an exact copy of an article that appears on one of my sites to a directory, I will make a slightly different version for that.

This is another article, same subject, same target keywords, but slightly different content:

http://www.captzacks.com/Chincoteague-oysters.php

In rare cases, a friend will even write an article for you.

albemarle24, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  3. gotcha

gotcha Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, try www.submityourarticlesnow.com which has tons of articles on its database. It increased traffic on my business.

More power

gotcha, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  4. articlebazar

articlebazar Peon

Best Answers:
    hey, if you don't mind, pls submit those articles to my newly launched article website: www.articlebazar.com, will be highly appreciated, and any comments on my site will be apprecited too, thanks a lot!

articlebazar, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  5. kashem

kashem Banned

Best Answers:
    kashem, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  6. Roxyyo

Roxyyo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you mean what are the elements of good seo copywriting. An article can be a poetic masterpiece and be relevant to no one...using terms that no one is searching for. You could also write an article that is chock-full of popular keywords that just sounds ridiculous to the reader. This is an in-depth topic. I would recommend you prime yourself with Karon Thackston's Online Copywriting Course, pick up an online copywriting book from the library by Nick Usborne or Robert Bly, or check out seo copywriting posts on HighRankings.

Roxyyo, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  7. Charisse V

Charisse V Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Charisse V, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  8. 1tonorb

1tonorb Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not Understand Free Articles all over the web
    get them
    use them within rules stated (usually just include authors sig or link)

1tonorb, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  9. 1tonorb

1tonorb Peon

Best Answers:
    Comments here going back to 2006 anybody still read this section???

1tonorb, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  10. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, such an article should contain the words that best suit the link to be placed in the context and of course should be on topics that are much sought for. Submitting such article to high PR sites like Ezinearticles.com gives you maximum exposure as many people may use your article giving you a linkback.

As far as articles for your sites are concerned, better rely on gaming and entertainment related articles for the former site and recipes, food, healthy food and related articles for later one.

Analyst, Aug 17, 2007 IP