1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Examining how Google Adsense looks at this forum.

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by wingdude, Dec 21, 2004.

1. wingdude

wingdude Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I tried linknig to a games site because my blog was about Games so technically its not violating TOS. It wasn't actually looking at the content, only ads for blogs came up.

wingdude, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You aren't linking to it, you are serving ads for that page. Google can see on their end that site xxx is serving ads for site yyy. Excellent way to get your AdSense account terminated.

digitalpoint, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  3. wingdude

wingdude Peon

Best Answers:
    But what is site xxx is part of site yyy like how you've done it?
    P.S the master of universe has finally arrived

4. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    And departed.
    Can we read between the lines?
    His post was uncharacteristically brief.
    Maybe he really doesn't want to talk about this.
    There are a few things that I won't discuss, and I won't even say why.

Surf_Dude, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  5. wingdude

wingdude Peon

Best Answers:
    Your post was even more ambiguous than his! Anyone have a fool-proof answer

6. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look, I've explained it countless times. Use the variable as you wish, since that's all it really is, a variable that is supposed to help legit publishers serve ads who have problems displaying ads relevant to their content. If you can't understand that linking to an outside site is grounds for termination, I think you need to start reading the book of common sense before thinking about a job as an internet publisher.

Infiniterb, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  7. wingdude

wingdude Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I understand completely now, my fault entirely...

wingdude, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  8. Caramora

Caramora Peon

Best Answers:
    Amen.

And to clarify all of this...

DP is not in violation for modifying code because it seems that they are simply using the code that AS provides for framed pages. HOWEVER, I am not sure but I do not think that these thread pages are framed. Therefore, IF AS has in their TOS that using the frames code for non-frames pages is not allowed. then DP is in violation of AS TOS. If the TOS mentions nothing about it, then Dp is still not inviolation and those of us with dynamic pages could benefit from using the frames code instead of the regualr code.

I think AS needs to add somehting about htis to their TOS. I think they should allow those without frames but with dynamic pages to use such a code, either the same one for the frames or they should make a special code dynamic, non-frames pages.

But yes, linking to a completely different site (even if that site is your own and has similar content) should be strictly forbidden. This should be fairly easier to control. the bot would have record the redirect domain with the domain of the site. If it is different, a red flag is raised in the system. Can't be that hard.

Caramora, Jan 9, 2005 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    This is so incredibly tempting, because nudging AdSense into displaying relevant ads on more of my pages would significantly increase my total AdSense revenue.

Will.Spencer, Jan 9, 2005 IP
  10. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't really do it though if I were you. I emailed the Google guys about whether this was legit or not, as I wanted to do this for my new "Link Now" directory that I am looking at building in the near future. Anyway, this is the reply that I got from them (I've included the relevant section only):

I had asked them if I could have a dynamic page on my new site displayed to the end-user and a copy of that page as an HTM file for the frames code ..... well, something to that effect anyway.

dfsweb, Feb 15, 2005 IP