1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Exact keyword density

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by miko67, Jan 7, 2005.

Most people in here must have their own idea as to the exact keyword density optimal for Google placement...

Now, we all know that KW-density doesn't do it alone nonono, we need backlinks and what-have-you...

But how 'bout sharing your thoughts, evidence, investigations (underway as well as done), on the contributions of KW-density to the position in google-seach.

References to older threads on same subject is much appreciated, might even be reliable too - still.
    SEMrush

miko67, Jan 7, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. JonahViaKeyboard

JonahViaKeyboard Peon

Best Answers:
    Google can recognize abnormal density and language patterns. They can translate pages. They know when repetition is unnatural.

Write naturally, and you will prosper.

JonahViaKeyboard, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  3. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know what Jonah.. I think you do have a point - at least this has happened to me once (changing a copy from original no-KW-focus to focusing heavily on one KW reaching a density around 6-8% in ca. 500 words resulting in gliding from no.11 to no.23). However this advice would take some of the "fun" - or work if you will - out of the SEO-pro's business, wouldn't it? :(

miko67, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    yfs1, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Write for the user, and forget about keyword density. It will always be natural then.

digitalpoint, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  6. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what that does for me.......

However I do think that 6-8% KWD mentioned is quite light but also irrelevant

I have many sites that have only two keyword phrases at the start of the page - a navigation bar and then not a lot of text followed by a footer.

I even asked here on the forum what others would do on one site to go higher [than 6] for a certain KW phrase - and following their advice I placed in relevant text to build the relevant content - the result I went lower - took the drivel out, I went back up!

What I do know is that Google can differentiate [obviously] between navigation and page [text] linking and that the percentage KWD is an absolute waste of time.

On this site - the same technique on each page - I have over 30 first 10 positions of which 20 are 1, 1+2 or 2

So which method would you use? :)

BTW Shawn is absolutely correct

Foxy, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  7. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow.. now I can see how mutch time I have been wasting over the last two-three months messuring KW-density and pondering over which would be better :) hehe.. I can now rethink the whole process - hopefully in a better way. Thx for good commenting. (gonna check out the tool and let you know what i think)

miko67, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  8. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I don't knwo what it does for you but this is a great tool to use when writing keyword rich content to be sure you are still making sense. Its like having someone else proofread it for you.

I suspect Google uses similar tools to judge how natural a website is.

Noone writes a real sentence like. "We have blue widgets that are the best widgets a person looking for widgets could want." Therefore something like that would recieve a low "natural" score.

yfs1, Jan 7, 2005 IP