1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Evidence!!!: Clickbank is a scam / fraud / ripp off. I got proof. Read this !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by webmedia, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Aleksandar Mitić

Aleksandar Mitić Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, have to agree with this one.

If I go back in time, let's say 2006/07 I recall I wanted to become an affiliate until I launch something of my own and build up my own affiliate army to make me money. But then I've searched on google for: "clickbank scam" (with the quotes) and started reading. Then I figured out there's no way I can really know how much sales I've made. They can say whatever they like but it's a total manipulation and you never will know how much money did you made. They'll pay you a fraction just to make you work even harder.

If you really need to work with them and you are ready to make your peace with the fact that you and that company are robbing someone to make money, go ahead and try yourself out. You can always setup some affiliate software and really pay your affiliates whatever they earn. Go through paypal and forget CB they're a joke. If you plan to make a serious business, stay out of CB.

I will never work as an affiliate with that company. Never.

I don't give a damn if they're a multi billion/trilion/quadrilion business, they are simple robbers, taking money wherever they can. Like many others.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
    Aleksandar Mitić, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  2. mt33

mt33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    clickbank is not scam milions of people are working with this company then couldn't be scam

mt33, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  3. brandonconnell

brandonconnell Member

Best Answers:
    I have to say, it sounds like you got the money "stolen" because you violated their terms of service by buying from your own affiliate link. There is no scam here. You have to follow the rules of whatever site you are using. Take DigitalPoint for example. You wouldn't go posting without reading the rules would you? If you want to save a few bucks, I would suggest giving the money to a family member or friend at another address, and have them buy the product for you.

brandonconnell, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  4. brandonconnell

brandonconnell Member

Best Answers:
    Why? Because not all of us are newbies. I make money with ClickBank daily. It would just be proper to post evidence to back up a serious claim like that. If it is true, wouldn't you want a huge amount of people to back you up and go after them legally?

brandonconnell, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  5. CurvyNation

CurvyNation Active Member

Best Answers:
    right....you broke the rules!

CurvyNation, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  6. webmedia

webmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Well lets say I tested it myself by eleminating all factors changing IP cookies ect. Basicly I am a different person buying. If I WOULD FOLLOW THE RULES I WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN THAT CB IS ROBBING US. If you violate terms not test buying from yourself how can you be sure clickbank is not f*** you up an stealing your cash. You as an affiliate how can you double check IF you actually made a sale or if the buyer really wanted refund.

RIGHT YOU CAN'T!!!

There is the Point where someone makes a s***load of money. Not sure if its CB company themself or office managers stuffing there pockets with cash without CB board knowing. I don't care.

BTW I don't have time to prove anyone anything and I don't need proof and certainly legal action is pointless. I found a f@#%^ sharp metal piece in a subway sandwich and could do anything about it.....got a subcard with 100 buck WTF. My lawyer pee'd in his pants seeing subway got the goddam best lawyers on earth who gonna sew ME ( for putting it in deliberately ).
    So all I got is dam 100$ subcard instead of a million $ because why ......big companys can do whatever and you can't.

Welcome to the real world.

BTW My partners story ended with CB if he drove high converting traffic to CB affiliate sites. But the figures in his account couldn't be true. low ctr etc but site hitted over 20k real us customers. no sale not many orderform view. He moved on to make genuine real $.

Hope this helps

webmedia, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  7. keeprunning

keeprunning Active Member

Best Answers:
    keeprunning, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  8. keeprunning

keeprunning Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting article by Len Thurmond.

Do You Do Clickbank?
    I feel a rant coming on, so strap yourself in, this could be a BIG one!
    I heard from a coaching client about a week ago, with a problem she didn’t know how to solve.
    Seems that Clickbank was holding her check and refusing to release it.
    A little background…
    Awhile back, she wanted to start doing niche sites to market affiliate products, so we started working on the usual stuff…
    Brainstorming what she was interested in,
    Research on which of those niches might be profitable,
    keyword research,
    Setting up blogs,
    Submitting articles,
    etc.
    You know the drill.
    She put up her first site and very quickly got some sales from a Clickbank product that was a good fit to her niche.
    She was VERY happy!
    The hardest thing for anyone who is trying to getting started in this business is to get over that hump of not making any money. Most people NEVER make any. And after a while they just give up shouting to the rooftops that “This Internet Marketing Thing is a SCAM”!
    But those who make ANYTHING in the first few months, usually go on to make a LOT down the line. They get the “FEVER” and just never look back.
    Well, needless to say, she was ecstatic! She got the bug and started working on more sites.
    But her new endeavors didn’t include Clickbank products.
    She was building Adsense sites, and selling CPA and other affilaite products, and quite happily moving along building her future empire.
    She forgot about the Clickbank sales she’d made in the beginning, and moved on to bigger and better things.
    A couple months later, it dawned on her that she had never gotten a check from them, so she went in and looked at her acct only to find that not only had they been sitting on the money all that time, but that they were making bi-weekly deductions from her balance!
    So she nicely inquired as to what was going on…That’s when things started to get ugly!
    She was told that although she had certainly made enough money to get paid, Clickbank was holding her check until she met their “Basic Qualifying Payment Criteria”.
    Now get this…
    Clickbank requires that you make at least 5 sales, from 5 different credit cards, and at least one of those must be from a MasterCard, and one from a Visa. And apparently, Paypal sales don’t count!
    So…no matter HOW much they owe you, if you haven’t met their ridiculous criteria, you will never see your money!
    And the kicker is, after 6 weeks, they start deducting $1 from your account every two weeks for not meeting it, and then up the anti incrementally, until they are taking $50 every two weeks! And VIOLA! Before you know it…They don’t owe you anything at all!
    Now you may think that although this is nothing short of extortion, it would not be so hard to satisfy for anyone who is serious about their business. But here are the facts.
    Most people in today’s world (even NON Marketers) have and USE a Paypal account. So a lot of your sales (and in many cases, the majority) can come through Paypal.
    BUT THEY DON’T COUNT!
    Amex and Discover are HUGE players in the credit card market, and MILLIONS of people use them exclusively, because they accrue points that can be used to buy real stuff, just by using those cards.
    BUT THEY DON’T COUNT EITHER!
    Here my client was, sitting on a decent sized check, that they refused to pay her, because her customers used payment sources that Clickbank takes, but…
    THEY DON’T FRIGGIN COUNT!
    So I advised her to run another sale to a list she was building to get over that hump. She was pissed about the whole thing, but I convinced her that the easiest way out was to just satisfy their ridiculous rip-off criteria, and move on.
    So, she put up a quick campaign and made almost $2000!
    But guess what?
    “ALL” of the sales were with Visa, Amex, and (Mostly) Paypal! Not a MasterCard in the Bunch.
    She STILL hadn’t met their larcenous demands!
    At this point I PERSONALLY got mad. It wasn’t my money, and was probably not even any of my business. But I HATE it when I see people being taken advantage of!
    So I crafted a rather long (and a bit nasty) letter and gave it to her to send to Clickbank Support.
    “Dear Clickbank,
    In answer to your last email to me, I ran a campaign for another one of your products and generated another 12 sales, but because the majority of people in today’s world use paypal for such things, you are telling me that you are still not going to pay me!
    I understand matters of fraud. I can even understand that you want to see more than one sale before you pay out the commissions that are OWED us. But surely you can see that I have not used my own cards just to get commissions.
    And why in God’s name would ANYONE spend $97, over and over again, just to get back $40? No matter HOW they paid for it!
    Does that even sound feasible?
    Am I to continue to be penalized just because the people buying YOUR products through me, are not using your preferred credit cards? What if they used Discover or Amex? Am I to be penalized because they don’t use MC or Visa as well?
    You certainly don’t seem have any problem taking THEIR money from those sources. But you won’t pay ME because they used them?
    It seems to me that this is nothing more than a way for YOU to not have to pay out your commissions! Are you only there to serve the Big boys who generate enough sales to make you happy?
    If so, you should let your prospective sales force know that you don’t want our business unless we can immediately generate enough sales to make YOU happy!
    You are a BILLION dollar company! Do you REALLY need to keep the hard earned commissions of the little guys?
    In today’s world, every penny counts. Most marketers are struggling as it is to make ends meet. And yet you are compounding the problem by making it so hard to get paid for the work we do!
    How can that be fair? How can you even justify such a practice?
    It’s no wonder Clickbank has developed such a bad reputation in this industry of late. I have spoken about this to several well known players in the Internet Marketing field that categorically refuse to use your service, for just such reasons as this.
    I would appreciate your looking into this and releasing my payment please.
    It’s only fair, and you KNOW it!
    Sincerely,”
    And guess what?
    THEY IGNORED THE TICKET!
    This Billion dollar corporation didn’t even have the decency to REPLY!
    So she put in another ticket, and another, and another, until finally after about a week of this Bull&$%@, they replied, saying they had taken a look at her account and decided to make an “exception” to their rules and pay her. They told her she could expect a check in about 3 weeks.
    OVER THREE MONTHS from when she initially made MORE than enough sales to get paid!
    THIS IS A WARNING!
    There are a lot of Clickbank “Courses” out there, telling you how to make your fortune using Clickbank products.
    I sell them myself, and have been for over ten years now.
    But apparently, I started long before they got so full of themselves that they thought they could steal from the hard working people like my client, who built their company, and who are trying so hard to get started in the Marketing world.
    So I didn’t know anything about these new “Rules”. I guess I “MISSED ” the memo!
    It’s in the “Fine Print” somewhere, so there is little anyone can do about it but complain.
    But be warned! if you are planning to open a new account with Clickbank, and sell their products, unless you become a Super Affiliate right out of the gate…
    It could be a LONG time before you get paid!
    If my Client hadn’t looked into it, and realized she had never gotten her first check, they would have continued to “QUIETLY” (she never got ANY kind of notices) take more and more out of her account until it was all gone!
    Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!
    I fell better now!
    Please pass this on to anyone who is considering taking this path to get started. At the very least, they will be Forewarned.
    Len Thurmond

keeprunning, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  9. webmedia

webmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Damit thats a story. Well many comanys payout after LONG LONG time but the excuses clickbank makes to send a ( WHATA LAUGHER) Check after few months if at all is rediculus.

If someone else has similar expierience post it here.

tnx everyone

webmedia, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  10. diggyisking

diggyisking Member

Best Answers:
    This might explain why I am getting 300 hops a day for one product Im promoting and if Im lucky one sale a day. Yes, 300 hops, day in day out.
    F*** clickbank, going to look for another service now.

diggyisking, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  11. travelguides

travelguides Peon

Best Answers:
    Not quite sure where you're getting this information from. I'm not sure if millions of people work for Microsoft or Apple... :D

There could be problems with any service particularly ones that are offered online. The best way to get to the bottom of a problem is to contact the service provider directly and let them know about it. If they value you as a customer, they're sure to try and resolve it to the best of their abilities. If for some reason the matter isn't settle you could go up a notch and report the service provider to the BBB or contact local authorities where the company is registered.

travelguides, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  12. Mario_T

Mario_T Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have any problems with Clickbank...I wanted to check out your "warning" and this is the result: http://imgur.com/sMrF7.jpg

Mario_T, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  13. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys are idiots.

[​IMG]

Yup - sure looks like a scam to me :rolleyes:

The people who complain about CB are the ones who don't succeed with it. There are hundreds of people making far more money on CB everyday than I am. For those of you thinking that CB is screwing you - grow up, stop complaining and either improve your marketing techniques or go get a job at McDonald's.

dlm, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  14. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol, they are useless people who complains about Clickbank, I can never believe that they are a scam. It is something like telling that Google is a scam. :rolleyes:

PS. They can't get a job in McDonald's also. :D

Serious Workers, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  15. mandog

mandog Peon

Best Answers:
    clickbank is definitely a pack of thieving scammers. don't buy anything through them unless you like being ripped off. they do things in a sneaky underhanded way so it's nearly impossible to prove they are thieves. i for one am totally in favour of a worldwide class action against these thieves. use at your own peril

mandog, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  16. tyscn

tyscn Guest

Best Answers:
    It seems that you confused yourself. Does not matter.I love scamming

tyscn, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  17. 3g4g

3g4g Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i just started promoting CB products! :(

3g4g, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  18. mandog

mandog Peon

Best Answers:
    your the only one confused fool. you must be one of these pricks. be very very grateful that i don't know where you live thief. try getting a job instead of being a parasite

mandog, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  19. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. Yeah, I'm one of those "pricks" too. Making $40,000 a year from Clickbank sure is terrible. I'm sure I could live on $1 per day in whichever crappy little country you live in.

dlm, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  20. Mari Anne

Mari Anne Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there evidence that they rip off sellers as well as affiliates, or just the affiliates?

Mari Anne, Jan 30, 2011 IP