1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Everything went NA on me

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by nevetS, Mar 8, 2006.

Everything accross all my sites is showing NA in the keyword and backlink tracker!

username stevek

It looks like it happened today as it's showing a lot of -99xx daily change values.

I've updated my advanced script code with the latest and greatest and I can't see any reason why I'd be out of google queries since I only use the key currently for kwtracker.

nevetS, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you click on a keyword, does it give you an error?

digitalpoint, Mar 9, 2006 IP
    Weirfire likes this.
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    strangely, it actually reset that particular keyword when I clicked on it.

I tried refreshing all again and it's going very slow, but it looks like I'm getting some green numbers back.

Wierd. The problem seems to have corrected itself. I must have just hit refresh at a bad time.

nevetS, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  4. grandmac

grandmac Guest

Best Answers:
    mine all went NA today, but when I actually check on Google I am still there. I almost had a heart attack before I double checked. LOL

grandmac, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  5. grandmac

grandmac Guest

Best Answers:
    PS When I click on a keyword it says Google Server Error

grandmac, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  6. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am all N/A for Google as well but I can search and still find my site

BamaStangGuy, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  7. VizMeta

VizMeta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen this as a growing issue for the keyword tracker tool over the past few months...

I was wondering if anyone thought the issues may some how be related to this seemingly updated portion of the API Agreement? And if not might it be in the future?

You may not send automated queries of any sort to Google's system without express permission in advance from Google. Note that "sending automated queries" includes, among other things:

* using any software which sends queries to Google to determine how a website or webpage "ranks" on Google for various queries;

VizMeta, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  9. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Big Daddy kicks in the key word tracker is gunna be a bit all over the place I think. You can't specify what data center the api uses so sometimes you'll get a very different result from what you see searching in your browser.

At the moment I only update keywords one at a time as "update all" in the key word tracker seems to produce N/A's.

Also I'm seeings changes day to day searching www.google.com some days I'm there on the first page and the next I'm gone again.

I'm sure the keyword tracker is experiencing similar results from this BigDaddy change over.

elkiwi, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  10. VizMeta

Best Answers:
    As far as the TOS question...I am still a bit confused...

From the general terms link you gave me...to set up an account and receive a license, one would seemingly be required to click on create an account...and in that would still be required to agree to the TOS I was referring to.

am I missing something here?

VizMeta, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  12. VizMeta

Best Answers:
    After reading that thread, I guess I am pushed back to the second part of my question. Which was...And if not might it be in the future?

I guess from what I have been seeing, I have begun to question some sort of timing parameters possibly being employed by Google, which in essense could shut down this tool, TOS aside. In that, I have seen more and more terms come up with unknown errors, but generally only when doing a 'check all' or single requests directly following a 'check all' run (until today).

Talking about some type of parameters I see the outside of this equation being...1440 minutes in a day...at 1000 queries...leaving room for one request every 86.4 seconds...although I'm would assume such parameters would be set well inside of that...and would be a somewhat intricate rule structure (including things like direct timouts along with timeouts based on most recent timeouts)...

Anyway, to me the results (success or failure) just seem too inconsistent to be a 'broken' issue...more...it is not up or down with any consistency...it is up and down with some unknown levels of consistency...

I guess have just been expecting something like this for a while now...might something like this be possible?

VizMeta, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Expecting what? You are worried about them changing their TOS in the future?

14. VizMeta

Best Answers:
    Most accurately...I have been expecting Google to change something that would affect this tool on the level it has today...

VizMeta, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I haven't noticed anything different with it myself... {shrug}

16. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    keyword tracker is making all my google keywords drop down to N/A as well. And it is taking a very long time to complete.

It has done this before though, usually ends up fixing itself in a day or so.

SportsOutlaw, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  17. Pahrump Mike

Pahrump Mike Life Is Good

Best Answers:
    I'm having the same problem. It's never been 1/10th as bad in the past as it was today.

Pahrump Mike, Mar 10, 2006 IP