1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Everyone whos avg income has dropped

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by SouthernTn, Mar 16, 2006.

1. kaparo

kaparo Guest

Best Answers:
    today it is 0$ :(

kaparo, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  2. HippyBuggsGirl

HippyBuggsGirl Guest

Best Answers:
    Well the strange thing here is my AD Unit Impressions have gone down by half, since the "UPGRADE" but my Traffic is the same & I havn't changed any of the ads around. I watched the ads all day yesterday to make sure they are serving. I sent an email this AM. Hope to hear back soon.

HippyBuggsGirl, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  3. Wiley

Wiley Peon

Best Answers:
    Well here is the update on yesterday. It looks like the revenue is back to normal. Also YPN seems to be traking pageview and clicks correctly. My CTR and CPM have slowly dropped in the last two months but I think that is something that is going to happen as they add new publishers.

Wiley, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  4. frankybme

frankybme Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know if its becouse of the update but starting from 2 days before the update my cpm has tanked big time! I thought it got better yesterday, but no still about 50% slash so far. lol

frankybme, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  5. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, earnings are definitely down the past week or so.

A shame. :(

nt99, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  6. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I am hearing about people with ads that are not showing and revenue dips so I think they are having an issue with their system that they are not talking about.

TheNetCode, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  7. DomainMaster

DomainMaster Banned

Best Answers:
    My earnings have been down by at least 25% the past week.

DomainMaster, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  8. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Same here DomainMaster...closer to 33%. Hopefully it goes back soon.

Advertisers' budgets could be running low since it's the end of the month. February 1st and March 1st were both amazing days for me...it's like the advertisers have their fresh budgets set up. :)

nt99, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  9. cpvr

cpvr Guest

Best Answers:
    My avg income has actually gone up, weird.

cpvr, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  10. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'm actually really on the up and up now, I was down but now it's like Christmas for me.

ArcticPro, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  11. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    for those who knew my account was banned, my account just got reactivated but seeing dissapointing revenue so far. well, it's all good though. :) At least i am back.

keikor, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  12. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Well at least you are looking at it positively. The good point you are seeing is that you are back.

Welcome back.

TheNetCode, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  13. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks netcode. Was depressed for a while but found out life goes on no matter ypn or google. :)

But at least ypn gives me a chance to get back into the program. I heard adsense ban is forever. Can't apply or anything.

Also, seeing rising revenue right now! All to all, ypn > google. :)

keikor, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  14. xonxoff

xonxoff Peon

Best Answers:
    YPN performing poorly again, past 48 hours for me. Same or increased site traffic. Only about 25% of normal CTR. Reporting seems stuck.

Seems to me that when the reporting lags (last update was 6 hours ago for me) it just never backfills that hole. When reporting is brisk, the day is normal/good. It’s just like it stops registering clicks for hours on end sometimes. But I’m still displaying ads for them and assume clicks are going through to advertisers’ sites – which is just a traffic leak. On pages within the same site running Adsense, clicks are stable and steady. I may roll higher trafficked pages back over to Adsense for awhile until things stabilize with YPN -- monitor a smaller sample.

It’s curious that when some of us are so far down on a day, someone else here is having a very high day. Probably nothing to that but it does make me wonder about the tracking some days.

xonxoff, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  15. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:

I have been tracking the same results as you have. It never ceases to amaze me on the slow reporting days or days of maintenance how the revenue just stops or slows to a complete crawl. On normal days it is a good day. I think they have more glitches than they let on. Also they are doing an update and they say of course there will be no issue with your account or ads being shown. Of course I wonder about clicks being recorded correctly. I am sure they will eventually figure this out though.

TheNetCode, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  16. Savant

Savant Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, past few days have been a slight drop in revenue once more. I would say between 25%-50% (More traffic by quite a bit as well due to a front page digg with one site). It does look like they will be running an update tomorrow night, which is good I suppose. When they updated last week, things were almost back to perfect again for a short while.

Savant, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  17. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL yea one day. I hope this one is better.

TheNetCode, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  18. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The funny thing is - on my lowest days (horrible ctr or payouts) everyone here reports everything to be fine - on my highest ever days (yesterday was one of them) everyone is reporting horrible....

I also don't tend to see these glitches you guys are, when my account updates slowly or lapses over time, it almost always recovers by the end of the day. My slowest times are when everything is updating normally... :confused:

yo-yo, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  19. xonxoff

xonxoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Very weird. I can honestly say I've never noticed a recovery on a bad day. It's bad again today. Last update was six hours ago. I have no expectations of it catching up. I just assume now that all those clicks are gone. Some days it's an update every 15 minutes. Those are the good/normal/majority days for me. But when it slogs along like this I never see it come back. Then it'll run fine for a week or so. I'm not whining about it. It is beta and ultimately my responsibility to adjust accordingly.

Hopefully one of these Friday nights will be the magic fix for the rest of us.

xonxoff, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  20. bigtimeadmin

bigtimeadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Me either, once the reporting stops so does the income for all intense purposes, it goes up once the reporting starts but those 6-8 hours are basically a waste. I should start switching to google once I notice the slow down, but that takes to long with as many ads as I have.

bigtimeadmin, Mar 24, 2006 IP