1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Everyone whos avg income has dropped

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by SouthernTn, Mar 16, 2006.

1. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    Thursday and Friday I lost 4/5 of my revenue, it's horrible.

ArcticPro, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  2. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but when some of you are reporting normal activity I'm having my worst days ever... it's like we're in different zones or something :eek:

yo-yo, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  3. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on this yo-yo. I have seen this happen alot myself. What is funny the maintenance happened yesterday and now my saturday is on pace to be the best I have had. So I find that kind of strange myself.

TheNetCode, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  4. AePro

AePro Peon

Best Answers:
    Some publisher's revenue has droped, some havn't.

AePro, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  5. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The last two days were bad, but today is absolutely horrendous. I could make more money selling sperm.

edit:I just took a closer look and the last two days reflect my clicks/impressions, so it was pretty much normal. But today....is just terrible. I'm on pace to make about 7x less than normal.

nt99, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  6. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not feel bad you are not in that sinking ship alone. Had a great Saturday and an allright Sunday and then in my biggest days I am having a really bad start to the week.

TheNetCode, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  7. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How bad is yours? Here's my sinking ship:

Today so far: $57.49
    03/19/2006 $553.39
    03/18/2006 $604.82
    03/17/2006 $657.34
    03/16/2006 $867.80
    03/15/2006 $1,039.20

I was averaging 800 - 1000/day all the way up until this dying cow. I'm not too concerned about the 17th, 18th, and 19th because my traffic was down. But today is just absurd. I'm not even going to break $200 at this pace and my traffic is good.

The real kicker is that my Adsense is doing just as good as YPN today, and it's being shown to international visitors. :-\

Edit: I just realized something. Since they made their change the other day, the ads showing up on my site are different than they have been for the past several months. Apparently the change they made is resulting in lower paying ads for me (and apparently a lot of you). Nice change, Yahoo...

nt99, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  8. frankybme

frankybme Peon

Best Answers:
    I normally not one of the people who cries about everthing, i am very gratfull for what i am getting. But for the sake of conversation and comparsin, i am really starting to hate these update weeks to their system. I am one of those guys who make over $200 a day . Past fews days $55.00 a day Major drop. Same, even a little more traffic. Somehow i dont think all the impressions and clicks are being counted. Oh well, this is one hell of a beta ride so far.

frankybme, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  9. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree. In one respect, I can't complain because I have made more from YPN per day than any othe program. But on the other end, why do our earnings drop like this for NO REASON? They could at least tell us what's going on that results in this major loss of revenue.

nt99, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  10. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine is similar in drops to yours. Really getting frustrating this last week, but I am trying my best to just wait and see what happens. My traffic though has been actually up so that has not been an issue for me.

11. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, my earnings just doubled to $105 in about a 45 minute span....perhaps the system is playing catch up.

I sure hope so.

By the way, some people might think I'm greedy and should be happy with what i'm making, but to put things into perspective, I spend $5000+/month running my business, so making sure my earnings are high is important. If it was 100% profit, hell, I'd still be overjoyed right now.

nt99, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  12. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you using PPC for advertising? I am looking for a reliable addition to what I have now. I am beginning to think adwords is becoming a bit expensive. Any suggestions.

13. Wiley

Wiley Peon

Best Answers:
    I chart my daily revenue and evey time they do an update I see a large drop in revenue on the day of the update and then it recovers. This last update effected the last two days but today the hourly run rate looks normal again. Will know by tomorrow if it really recovered.

Wiley, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  14. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Let us know, Wiley. And I'll let you guys know how mine ends up as well.

TheNetcode, it all depends on your site. I don't use PPC to drive traffic because of the type of site i have. It would cost me a million dollars and make me about 2 dollars.

If Adwords is becoming expensive, why not try Yahoo Search Marketing? You can dump some of your YPN earnings right into it from the account panel. Or try some smaller PPC engines, like Miva, Mamma, etc....I've had some luck with them for other projects in the past.

nt99, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  15. frankybme

frankybme Peon

Best Answers:
    No you always have some info to share, not just crying about everthing. I just checked and your right my total so far just jumped. Looks like its starting to stablize again. :D

frankybme, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  16. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I will look into it more.

17. djp

djp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    when i checked my revenue at the end of the day on the 17th, it was normal, when i checked it today they removed more then 1/3 of my total revenue for that day and the past 2 days have been just straight horrible, and its still appearing horrible today.

djp, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  18. nsusa

nsusa Peon

Best Answers:
    I am about 50% down for the last 10 days - with the same (normal) traffic volume and number of clicks. I hope that will change soon.

Christoph

nsusa, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  19. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Well my day went from bad to worse. The whole Nocster/Burst network is down and has been for coming up on an hour and a half now. They have no idea when it will be fixed. Good thing I have all my servers with them. Never happens during my slow time. LOL well I guess there is no where to go but up from here now.

20. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Over the entire last week and today I've seen nothing but normal earnings...

yo-yo, Mar 21, 2006 IP