1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Event Newbie

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Paul Hammond, Jun 29, 2017.

I created my first event this morning. It was a learning experience, but I got it just about what I wanted it to be, including a photo, location, type of event (public), websites and description and clicked Create Event and to my surprise my event summary popped up showing the host to be on a different account I own and now I am unable to find the event at all. I have about 20 questions, but these are the main ones.

How did FB mix up my accounts?
    Who is seeing this Event?
    How can I invite people specifically (all my Friends).
    Can I boost it?

This event is not for a page or a group, just something I put together to promote an event.

I appreciate any assistance I can get with this.

Thanks,

Paul H

Paul Hammond, Jun 29, 2017 IP
  2. Paul Hammond

Paul Hammond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not much activity here.

I have discovered, through trial and error, that I must use a group or a page to put this event on. I was hoping to do from my own timeline, but I've picked a page of mine that has a broader audience. Taking any other tips you might have.

Regards

Paul Hammond, Jun 29, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Facebook has it's own support community so the folk here are normally talking about business issues.

Facebook is designed for each person to have a single account and for them to have a page for the professional self and pages and groups for the non-human entities they work with (clubs, companies). So your first problem is probably a cookies related thing where facebook wasn't expecting to see a second account on the same machine and got itself muddled.

Once you can access the event again you can set up additional people as hosts can't you? Can you do that to link all of your accounts to the event?

sarahk, Jun 29, 2017 IP