1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Even Tracking code is Not working with New GA Universal Code

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by naveenjosh, Aug 22, 2013.

Hi Friends,
    I want to track clicks on external links (going outside from my website) but its not working in New GA. Event tracking code i used is

onClick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'category', 'action', 'lavel', value, true]);"

But still my event tracking code is not showing any data from last 1 month. even for testing i myself clicked the external link many times but its still showing 0. After searching a lot i found a post in Google:
    Event Tracking - Web Tracking (analytics.js)(https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events)

" The analytics.js snippet is part of Universal Analytics, which is currently in public beta. New users should use analytics.js. Existing ga.js users should create a new web property for analytics.js and dual tag their site. It is perfectly safe to include both ga.js and analytics.js snippets on the same page"

Means, old event tracking code will not work with new GA tracking code.

And new code looks like
    var downloadLink = document.getElementById('button');
    addListener(downloadLink,'click',function(){
    ga('send','event','button','click','nav-buttons');});
    Here I am little bit confused. Can any one helps me to get this code understand. I placed the same code with my variables but still its not working. How do i get the correct code.

My Best
    Naveen

naveenjosh, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  2. rarnet

rarnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes , even i faced similar trouble while first tried to configure it . later when i modified and updated works fine for me .
    what is the status of test code ?

rarnet, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  3. naveenjosh

naveenjosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not working...

naveenjosh, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  4. naveenjosh

naveenjosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    What modification you did??
    Can you elaborate...