1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying EU Cookie bottom bar [html/css]

Discussion in 'Programming' started by EricBruggema, Sep 4, 2015.

Hi there folks,

With the new rules about cookies and informing users about it, i want to add it to my site without using anything that's already existing, so looking for the following.

HTML & CSS & JS

When loading the script it will add a BOTTOM bar to the site with centered a text with 2 buttons, 1 to accept (bar disapears), 2 for more information (popups a div with text) with close button.

You SHOULD use jQuery (i would love it) but need to detect if jQuery is loaded, if not, the script should load jQuery (latest version, cdn). And all the information / divs / whatever should be in the javascript file.

If you think you can handle this, send me a price estimated. Or if you have questions, post them here! :)

Thanks

EricBruggema, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  2. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Erhm, out of curiosity. Why don't you want to use one of the 50,000 options that already exists?

Even Google has an official site to help you out with this. https://www.cookiechoices.org/

cLogik, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  3. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Because i want have something that others don't have. Host it myself. Only for this purpose and nothing else.

Oh and 50.000 options? hmm then i'm missing 49.990 :p oh and most options don't work for the Netherlands, we have stupid (more) rules here :(

4. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hello,

I charge $40 an hour and would spend 2 hours on this. I'm assuming you want a drop-in solution where you simply copy the files over and include a single line of code in your theme.

Tho, there are plenty of solutions that can help you with this. https://github.com/ToX82/cookie-bar is an example of a self-hosted cookie-warning that seems to be completely compatible with Dutch law.

cLogik, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  5. EricBruggema

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your reply!

Yes i would like one file to upload (including css) and add to my theme (as all my sites are 100% writen in own code, no wordpress or frameworks)

I'll keep your price in mind and will make a choice this evening.

6. EricBruggema

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0