1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EU charges Microsoft with antitrust violation

Discussion in 'Bing' started by drhowarddrfine, Jan 18, 2009.

1. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I read correctly. You said the government lost every time. I said, no they didn't.
    You said it was a stupid claim because people have a choice of operating systems. I said, that's not what the complaint is about.
    The complaint is not about choice except that Microsoft hides this choice from the user and makes using IE different from other browsers discouraging those thinking of changing browsers because of this difference.
    You may have read the article but it does not appear you understand it. You still argue that a user can download other software but that's not the point as I've stated over and over in this thread.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  2. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Download link, please. I've certainly never seen it and I begged Google pretty hard.

amanamission, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  3. diligenthost

diligenthost Peon

Best Answers:
    MS actually stopped developing IE for Mac and it was dropped from the OS's default install in 2005 (Tiger), and MS later removed it from their downloads. But you can find it at archive.org here, or you can also check this out :)

diligenthost, Jan 21, 2009 IP
    amanamission likes this.
  4. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm not about to try installing IE 5 on my shiny new mac. But the other one looks interesting, I'm downloading it. Thanks, I didn't think you'd actually come up with something. Rep +

Requires Wine install, too much hassle, may as well just put a Windows bootcamp partition and run IE 8. But this may work for Tiger users, thanks anyway for digging it up.

amanamission, Jan 21, 2009 IP