1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ethical?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Dirkjan, Nov 30, 2004.

Can anybody give me any feedback about roswebpromotion.com? Is it ethical what they do? I saw some things that made me frown but no proof of anything they do against Google rules yet. Still looking though because they still make me frown.

Reason is because he wants a link on my site and I refuse it because I only want the top5 dutch ones there. Still he keeps asking, and it would be easier to deny him with some facts than just those itchy feelings.

Dirkjan, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  2. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry mate - I can't understand that site. ;)

SEbasic, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  3. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    My German is Shizer.

darksat, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I don't see any dubious code on the homepage. They do guarantee top-10 on Google and to guarantee that they need a way to force just that. You and I know that there is no way to force it the ethical way. Too many variables you can't control!

The fact that they are 'hiding' on Curacao seems potentially dodgy. Who wants to be stuck in an office where the sun shines all day? It must be for tax reasons or indeed hiding so customers can't come knocking on their door. If they were targeting the local market, you'd expect an english version too.

But this is all pure speculation and guesswork. And I might well be wrong. It doesn't look too bad IMO.

Ask them for client sites they've built and investigate the code.

But looking a bit further you'ff find their ros web design dot en el site and see it's not indexed. It's not the robot file:

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /cgi-bin

Who would promote SEO and not be indexed?

Raises some eyebrows indeed. Plenty of reason to be vigilant but I'm not here to say bad things about companies I don't know. Just first impression - thinking ou loud.

T0PS3O, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  5. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    Its not like I am police either. I was just thinking out loud too, they could be fine, but I just have a bad feeling with them. I was just guessing that these kind of messages could be posted here. I dont want to blackmail them, they really requested a link on a page I own. I just am always really careful with local SEO companies I havent heard of, because the ones I know I have seen hundreds of times :p

I thought their website was in English in other countries so I am sorry for all ppl who dont speak German (I dont either but the website was in Dutch)

I had my thoughts about their site map, which is using another url, and is not posted like SITE MAP, but is just a dot, with a link behind it. Notice the last words on their site, the dot has a link which goes to a site with sitemap.html? :/ odd. After a while, I see many links go to their site. Odd sites that have nothing to do with their content, suddenly just go to their site. Not illegal, but not really nice too. Smells like pageranking harvesting?

Another thing was that their link page is made with javascripts? :/ are they afraid for outlinks to Google? Then just dont make a friggin link page.

They also say they can change the navigation so that the pages are good indexable but the optical site remains the same. This sentence alone gives me the chicken bumbs or how to say that in English. Creeps?

So.... Its not like I have something to just hard deny him with, but my feelings didnt get better yet. :/

I sent an email to Google Nederlands themself to ask if they know the company and think its a viable organisation. I guess thats never bad? :)

Dirkjan, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  6. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    I see it in Dutch. To the uninitiated it would look similar to German. :)

exam, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  7. greatlinks

greatlinks Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just an seo firm.

greatlinks, Dec 3, 2004 IP