1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Error with FP. HELP!!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by fryman, Feb 13, 2005.

1. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    gator,

Yes.. it's all a big conspiracy. Me and vector just got out of the "we hate frontpage this week" meetings and our mission is to annoy you with pesky facts and observations about frontpage. And I hardly call it "messing" with me... unless you mean making grand, incorrect assumptions about vast conspiracies and where I work and my "personal" vendetta with frontpage.

What I wonder... is why doesn't microsoft publish their pages with frontpage? LOLOLOL.

nddb, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  2. gatordun

gatordun Guest

Best Answers:
    Nddb Do you work for HostGator?
    Or just share space and swap services?
    You seem to be following around in forums.
    Why?
    Especially when you hate FrontPage so much why not find a topic that you actually know something about?
    I know it's something you know about - hating FrontPage.

Really as for hosting companies - HostGator is so so.
    I had to figure out what the last access problem was - it was not a FrontPage error - but an Apache server error.
    You would think the AKA ENGINEER would know apache server errors wouldn't you.
    Or maybe he just shares space and swaps services.

If there was an error initializing access control would you know what that is?
    Or if it says it's missing the auth user file and auth group file directives?
    I researched it and read the apache manual.
    And added the code into htaccess.
    Do you think the engineer should have figured that out?
    If so how long do you think it should of taken him to figure it out?
    Really why would it take a woman to do a man’s work?

Really the only people with the words engineers for titles should be people that build or actually do something relating to construction and not computers.

Oh this from the other forum.
    Just in case you did not see it.

Like these people who share server space - don't think they get anything for it. Well when people exchange their services for product " aka SERVER SPACE " it's income and needs to reported as such.
    So how many of these people don't count this as income?

Nddb what about you?

Well we know you don't use frontpage and probably have never seen it.
    Never seen this? Where have you?
    "PUT SITE ON INTERNET" button.

gatordun, Jul 2, 2005 IP
  3. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    Your posts are like the rambling last will and testament of a homeless man. I really can't understand what you are talking about. I only get bits and pieces, no.. I don't work for hostgator, never even heard of it.

I really don't know what you are talking about "swapping" services.. is that supposed to be some kind of veiled threat? Like I swap products for giving people hosting? That's a larf. You don't even know what sites I host, or who hosts the server I'm on. But it would be fairly easy to find out. You'd see that I don't host websites that sell things, and I host the few I do host for free, so I fail to see what "income" isn't being reported. If someone comes to me with a good idea for a site, I'll host it for free. As long as they abide by the TOS. *shrug* I really can't make heads or tails of your replies, so I think I'm gonna give up trying.

I catch auth user file, and you blame that on them. It's your job to manage your own auth user file if you want it. It's your job to put things in .htaccess you want. They gave you disk space, apache, and a fast pipe... and you want them to handle .htaccess for you as well?

Unfortunately I've had to see frontpage, and use it, and see websites built by it, and listen to people talk about how good it is. All of these are terribly unfortunate things. =)

"PUT SITE ON INTERNET" = "PUBLISH WEB" = a nonsense way to upload a website.

nddb, Jul 2, 2005 IP
  4. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    A little late, but using *NIX for frontpage hosting is usually bad. I only recommend FPSE on a Windows servers. That way you can also take full advantage of all the FP components

Corey Bryant, Jul 2, 2005 IP