1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Error on using Keyword Tool

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by ched, Oct 14, 2009.

I used to use the keyword tool and I must say it was always brilliant. Ihave never found one as good, nowhere near close.
    I have just received the email saying it is back again :) Great, I installed the new script but I get the following error message:

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.blackpoolevents.co.uk/st...ackpool.co.uk&s=1&country=countryUK|countryGB) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/.sites/28/site1/web/tools/keywords/functions.php on line 112

As you can see script is installed on http://www.blackpoolevents.co.uk/stats.php running php5.0.2.8, host is hostgator.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

ched, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It looks like the host is blocking the request (getting a 403 forbidden from the web server). Ask them by what parameters they are flagging it as being spam/blocking it, and I'll see if we can work around it for you.

digitalpoint, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  3. ched

ched Active Member

Best Answers:
    ched, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not the script itself, the web server isn't even trying to run it because the web server is throwing a 403 error which means the web server is forbidding the requestor to view that page. My guess is they have something running on their servers to recognize automated requests and block them.

digitalpoint, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  5. 12holger34

12holger34 Peon

Best Answers:
    No Clue. Sorry

12holger34, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  6. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You have to submit a support ticket about it & get your domain whitelisted. They block certain scripts from running, & you need to have your domain whitelisted so they can allow for you to run that script.

I had this issue once about a Wordpress plug-in & it was throwing back a "403 Forbidden" error, I googled & found that I needed to get my domain whitelisted by submitting a support ticket. From what I gathered (was told) it was being blocked by a mod_security rule, & they will disable the offending rule for your domain if you submit a request.

They'll get it done very fast, just point them to the script URL.

Love*, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  7. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just talked to HG, they said it's not on their side.

BlueDevilMedia, Oct 18, 2009 IP