1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Error MEssage 500 coming || I have changd the host

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by wordpecker, Feb 21, 2011.

Hi,
    I have purchased a blog. The seller offered me the full back up and mysql database. I have very poor knowledge in these technical things. What I have done so far-

Step 1: Uploaded the back up.gz file from file manager
    Step 2: Extracted the file in the public_html directory
    Step 3: Uploaded the mysql file from phpMyadmin

But it is showing 500 error message. Could you please tell me the reason and what I should do with that back up file. I do not know all these stuffs.

Any help or response is welcome.
    Thanks

wordpecker, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    You will need to edit the wp-config.php file in the WP install directory. Inside of that file will be your database login credentials.

Additionally, you may have to go into phpMyAdmin and edit two entries inside the wp_options table (wp_ is the default extension, yours may be somthing else like xxx_options). Look for the two options in the option_name field with a value of siteurl and home, and change the root url of those entries to match your domain. If there is a folder attached to either entry, leave that appended to the end of your root domain.

Dodger, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  3. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Dodger's
    I am really confused. I have not done all these things before and it is really hard to debug.

wordpecker, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  4. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just check your files... which you have uploaded in file manager or your FTP - do first download the file ".htaccess" and then delete this file... but first dont forget to download it to your computer...

i do think problem will be solved once you delete this .htaccess file

Hope this helps...

infogle, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  5. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you saying that you have transferred a WordPress installation from one server to another in the past? Or what? What part is confusing?

Dodger, Feb 21, 2011 IP