1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Error: bad_httpd_conf

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by fleur05, Jul 19, 2008.

I just changed my hosting and checked Domaintools. Also installed WordPress and changes were immediately reflected by Domaintools. But when I checked the site, I got this message.

What possibly caused the error and how can I rectify it?

fleur05, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  2. AdSpeed

AdSpeed Peon

Best Answers:
    This answer from Wikihost
    This error means that the IP your domain is resolving to on our system points to an Apache web server not configured for your domain.

When this happens, the Apache web server just shows the first domain listed in its config file. So, to make sure nobody's site ever shows some other random site we host, we made the first domain in all our config files just show that page. In fact, DreamHost made up the error id: "bad_httpd_conf" stuff ourselves just so we'd know what the problem was when reported to us!

AdSpeed, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  3. fleur05

fleur05 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is true for Dreamhost hosted site but currently, my site is not hosted with them so I do not see the relevance of why the error appeared.

fleur05, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  4. Yousif

Yousif Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, as far as technicality goes, this isn't your fault in any way. It's a server problem so whoever is hosting you needs to be aware of this and administrate like they should be ;O

Yousif, Jul 19, 2008 IP