1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EPS Cookie Script (Just Curious)

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by mcmuney, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Maxell

Maxell Guest

Best Answers:
    Maxell, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  2. hygoer

hygoer Member

Best Answers:
    u r talking about CJ or ebay??

hygoer, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  3. RealFlyboy

RealFlyboy Banned

Best Answers:
    First of all, if people stuff eBay, they are going nowhere with cookie stuffing. eBay and Amazon are BS. You have to go for in-house aff programs or less known networks.

Oh and its not easy to catch.. I've been doing it for an affiliate program for around a month and have been paid around $6k in total (they issue weekly payments). I now average $300-400 daily with no effort whatsoever, hundreds of people are stuffed daily and they purchase products, I get commissions and don't move a damn finger :)

Good day

I won't get into details because this is highly blackhat but I'm just sharing my personal experience on the subject. You have to think outside the bun and be smart about it. You will make money. I know I am.

RealFlyboy, May 14, 2008 IP
  4. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    It is extremely easy to catch if you're looking for cookie stuffers. The conversion rate, among other factors, makes it obvious to me within about 2 seconds of running a report for any programs that I help manage.

tvmatt, May 14, 2008 IP
  5. RealFlyboy

RealFlyboy Banned

Best Answers:
    Nope. As long as you're smart enough to know how to cover your tracks, it is not easy to catch. The problem is, most "stuffers" have no idea. I wouldn't be making that kind of money if I didn't know how to hide the stuffing. In any case, this is a white hat forum, I won't be discussing any black hat techniques.

Good day!

RealFlyboy, May 14, 2008 IP
  6. ratdaddee

ratdaddee Peon

Best Answers:
    True that RealFlyboy, iframes are old school. There are much more BH scripts that are highly effective. As far as CTR, buy cheap traffic/different IP's. ;)

ratdaddee, May 20, 2008 IP
  7. mikyur

mikyur Peon

Best Answers:
    Cookie stuffing is a bad idea. You are up against the whole affiliate world. When you get caught, you lose all the money in your account.

mikyur, May 21, 2008 IP
  8. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    No, that doesn't work. The giveaway to cookie stuffing is that the Conversion Rate (sales/clicks) is extremely low. There's absolutely no way to set a cookie without sending a click, so it's very obvious when somebody is cookie stuffing.

tvmatt, May 21, 2008 IP
  9. ratdaddee

ratdaddee Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong again, been stuffing a certain large affiliate for months now with a

certain program and I'm not the only one doing this successfully.

ratdaddee, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  10. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Some affiliate programs are so large that nobody watches or cares - either that, or the affiliate managers don't care.

Try that in any program that I work with (I'm not naming them, sorry) and you'll be kicked out of CJ so fast that you'd wish you never tried..

In fact, I ruined about a dozen publishers' holidays back in December by catching their fraud ring & have gotten a number of publishers kicked out of CJ in the last few weeks. You can't hide forever :D

That said, are you actually making any money from stuffing? From what I've seen, most people who stuff don't make much at all... violating search policies is much more lucrative (that is, again, not if you try this in any program that I work with).

tvmatt, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  11. thor22

thor22 Peon

Best Answers:
    with the CTR, just write a little script that only sets cookies on a certain percentage of users machines...ie 70%... this will lower your ctr but still give you mulla

thor22, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  12. ptpatil

ptpatil Peon

Best Answers:
    RealFlyBoy, if you did infact make $6k, do you mind telling me why you are charging back a $10 payment for an ebook you bought from me, which has been well reviewed by the elite of this forum?

ptpatil, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  13. ratdaddee

ratdaddee Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a group of us that stuff large and small affiliates and yes, occassionally, it's rare, we do get caught, no big deal. We just open another account.

Why would I want to do that? Oh, and CJ sucks, don't need them...

Wow, I'm impressed?

I do extremely well with cookie stuffing, thank you. Most that I know that cookie stuff also do very well.

Look man, until you learn to code your own script and cover your tracks, you'll get caught stuffing.

It's cool that you've found a way to cash in online but don't go bashing cookie stuffing because you don't know how to do it properly. Like I said earlier, some of us are making a killing doing it.

ratdaddee, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  14. thor22

thor22 Peon

Best Answers:
    its actually pretty easy to get by without being caught. With a little programming, its easy, but wheres the fun in that
    ?

thor22, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  15. newtonlink

newtonlink Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't cookie stuffing good for catching the missed payments when a visitor is encouraged to buy from your site but for some reason doesn;t like the idea of you getting paid and so goes direct to the purchase site. Either by typing in the URL or doing a google search of the seller?

In that case, stuffing a cookie is just protecting the commission payment you deserve, isn't it?

Used like this it is similar to cloaking your link.

newtonlink, Feb 19, 2010 IP
  16. jonnyh431

jonnyh431 Peon

Best Answers:
    This happens a lot with review sites in particular, a reviewer will have the affiliate link at the bottom of their review. A person will go to the products page, then they will open a new tab and search google for "{product name} review", they will reach the reviewers page and be tempted into buying. Rather than clicking through the reviewers link they will just switch back to their tab.

jonnyh431, Mar 21, 2010 IP