1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EPN is at it again! Accounts being shutdown!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by gustav1989, Apr 18, 2009.

1. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:
    EPN is alive and well... I have EPN on about 15 domains, don't even advertise those site with PPC... Doing well...

staffsergeantpeterson, May 1, 2009 IP
  2. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    You dont' get a little nervous tempting fate with big talk? When the people running the network seem to be clueless even you could be next.

geomark, May 2, 2009 IP
  3. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe... Maybe not... But if I do get the axe I guess I'll get over it...

Ebay isn't the mecca anymore...

staffsergeantpeterson, May 2, 2009 IP
  4. rharper

rharper Peon

Best Answers:
    I can remember a half decade ago you could create a webpage about nascar postcards (for example, autographed postcards of miss winston cup shannon wiseman) and generate decent profits.

Remember when second chance offers were hot? Thanks to scammers, that feature is dead.

The magic isn't there.

rharper, May 2, 2009 IP
  5. gustav1989

gustav1989 Guest

Best Answers:
    Ebay is playing with fire and Amazon is roaring.

gustav1989, May 2, 2009 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Whoa. Looks like EPN make yet another huge change to reporting - now, EPC is calculated per click rather than per 100 clicks like it always was. I'm now showing $0.03/click rather than around $3-4....now I'm scared...

Sometimes I wonder if they are doing this on purpose to find excuses to cut affiliates....

Pixelrage, May 4, 2009 IP
  7. evileric

evileric Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, something unthinkable happened, and to someone who I never thought it could -> ME!

After several years of promoting eBay (first through CJ, second through EPN), I received a notice today stating that I have been banned for cookie stuffing of all things.

I already know what I am going to get from this - a bunch of skeptical people who are going to tell me to quit whining because I got caught... Well, I wouldn't be whining if I got my hand caught in the jar, thing is I really do enjoy the program, and I have NEVER stuffed a cookie on it (I was tempted once, but decided it wouldn't be worth the risk).

I have sent emails to a few people within ebay, and I have replied to the original email I received, I hope this ends well, but I have this sinking feeling that the modest income I was earning from EPN is gone forever.

If anyone has words of advice or encouragement, they would be appreciated.

evileric, May 15, 2009 IP
  8. ajacx

ajacx Member

Best Answers:
    hurm
    i dont have EPN account
    i just use ebay for dropshipping.

ajacx, May 15, 2009 IP
  9. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry you got axed. It was expected. They don't care about their affiliates. EPN is too unstable. I'd post my story at: http://finance.google.com/group/google.finance.662654/topics?hl=en

They seem to pay attention to finance.google.com

sin, May 23, 2009 IP
  10. tradedemon

tradedemon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah eBay are a joke, I spent 2 years on there both as an eBay trader and as an affiliate. The honest truth is that they're too big for their own boots, don't have enough real staff and automate everything which is why innocent people who are doing things legit get caught out.

And if you don't get caught out but are making good money, they'll cut you anyway, because they don't want your business no more.. A company that started off great but has now become terrible.

tradedemon, May 24, 2009 IP
  11. WebTechGlobal

WebTechGlobal Peon

Best Answers:
    The simple fact is they are taking advantage of thousands of webmasters.

A lot of company that use affiliate networks just create as much mess and confusion as possible because our links are still there all over the internet getting them traffic. It's getting worse because of economy I reckon.They are changing Terms & Conditions a lot or messing about with their own sites when they don't have to.

So far 2 of my new websites for 2009 http://www.webtechglobal.co.uk and http://www.ad-hit.com have got 2500 clicks on a new CJ account with only 2 sales but I had friends and family put a lot of the sales through including eBay. I watched them doing it and there is no commission ever.

This is first of me realising all of the above and there is more to eBay when it comes to this matter!

WebTechGlobal, May 25, 2009 IP