1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ePN: eBay, the Streets Don't LIE!

Discussion in 'eBay' started by fr0gman, Oct 16, 2008.

1. WayReport

WayReport Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good thing. People need to know how bad the EPN affiliate program can be.

WayReport, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  2. BillyGoat4130

BillyGoat4130 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking about trying to get on with EPN, but I'm little bit skeptical now after reading some of these old threads here on DP. Still looking for some recent feedback. My site is a mostly a forum and there is already an entire subsection for members to post ebay links that is well established, a few years old. I remember looking and reading about "Auction Ads" a long time ago and how they had a way to convert your normal typical ebay link that was cut and pasted into an affiliate link. Auction/Shopping Ads is now defunct I see, though. Does EPN offer tools to let me do the same thing with my site, are they even worth messing with? I'm making a few hundred bucks a month off the site with Adsense right now.

BillyGoat4130, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  3. footodors

footodors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    EPN is fine.
    eBay converts great.
    I'm making a few bucks for little work.
    Substitute adsense for epn and it's the same. Adsense is no more transparent then epn.
    Read around and you'll find complaining on every affiliate program.
    If there were an affiliate program that merely required you to bend over to pick up the money, people would complain their back hurts.

footodors, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  4. BillyGoat4130

BillyGoat4130 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cool. I signed up for an account. We'll see if it they accept me and what I can do with it. Users of my site are *very* interested in ebay items related to teh niche, so there seems to be some potential.

BillyGoat4130, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  5. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

Best Answers:
    EPN sucks. It all went down the hill when they stopped letting you get commission when someone click your click and then come back to ebay. There's so many better ways to make money online. I'd stop dealing with those fools awhile ago. Maybe someday it will be better when they go pro-affiliate.

Sysbase, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  6. fr0gman

fr0gman Peon

Best Answers:
    That is good to know. I hope that 1/10th of those people who read this thread decided to send traffic to Amazon.

Now, let me see if I can get this thread to the top of Google for the term "U-Store-It".

fr0gman, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  7. fr0gman

fr0gman Peon

Best Answers:
    Define: "I'm making a few bucks for little work. "

Before the EPN meltdown and Steve Hartman's changes I was making well over $20k/mo with CJ. That was a lot of money for a lot of work.

fr0gman, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  8. Dude-Dastic

Dude-Dastic Member

Best Answers:
    Man, I remember the days when I made nearly $1k per month with eBay's affiliate program. It was with Commission Junction then. :) Now -- :mad: I haven't made one fraking dime with their program since 2008. I'm through with it. It should just give up the ghost.

Dude-Dastic, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  9. screwebay

screwebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    eBay sucks, love it or hate it...or find a way to GET EVEN.

screwebay, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  10. papashango

papashango Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmmmm..................thanks for the information

papashango, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  11. kidder

kidder Peon

Best Answers:
    After time away from EPN I went back only to see them smart price my traffic after just 6 days. When I looked at the reports I could see all the transactions that were generating revenue. One particular day we had almost $200 in comms alone and they paid me $1 for the traffic (about 1 cent per click) My solution was to send the traffic elsewhere, it appears to me that Ebay threw the baby out with the bathwater. I will probably go back and try a few different angles because I know people are making good money but I don't expect the good old days to return. I think the affiliate industry needs some better legal protection all round.

kidder, Oct 14, 2010 IP